No announcement yet.

Scottfest Dyno Day Interest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, it's idling fine mostly, it's just every once in awhile that it idles down stumbling at a red light or stop sign. Revving it smooths things out. I really would like to see this thing on the dyno (for a baseline). Another possible symptom is the cruise control sort of surges--slightly, but I don't know if that's due to the slightly bouncy speedometer/cable. Just wanted to make make sure it wasn't going to hurt anything driving 6 hours or so across OH & PA.

So count me in for the Dyno still, thanks.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

oh... that problem. It did that to me, too. I never did find that issue. I just bumped the idle up a little so it wouldn't die at the light.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Ok. So I need at least 4 cars to get locked into the 60 bucks for 3 pulls price. It would be from 4-7pm On FRIDAY. I need to let the guy know by the latest on wednesday to reserve the shop! Please let me know!!!

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
          LA as in Louisiana, or LA as in Los Angeles? Big difference there
          True. Los Angeles is where I am heading.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

i'm in

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

In.
              Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

we got 5! woo! excellent!

Comment

Success, Thain got the highest power numbers (although that cant be 100% confirmed as Johns numbers were all messed up)
                  -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Ah, more excuses....
                    lol

-ryan s.
                    08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                    03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                    97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                    94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                    73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                    12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                    Originally posted by pantera77
                    Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

never got the 06 on the rollers, the starter shit the bed.

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
                      2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
                      1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
                      1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
                      2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
                      1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Numbers report mangs?
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by SVT98t View Post
                          Ah, more excuses....
                          lol

-ryan s.
                          Hahaha. You so funny. But they really couldn't get a good reading on the rpm.

Comment

Mine is down on power and needs tuned again because of the MAF swap. 212hp and 262 torques. Sounds awesome at 6000 RPM though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                            Originally posted by dmccaig
                            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Mine is one sad HO. 165hp & like 220ft-lbs of torque (still decent). Quiet as heck. Did we all fuck up one of our runs by punching it too hard and downshifting, it seems like we all fucked up one of our 3 runs punching it too hard and downshifting. Also, you can't see the absolute smoke-show mine put on in the video, but looking out with the rearview from inside the car it was like a light coal-rolling. You're welcome, mosquitophobes! I'll get a photo or scan of my sheets today, hopefully.

Comment

That was hilarious Tater, thing belched a pretty good stream of black smoke. "Think it's running rich." "No shit" Lol, classic stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X