'88, '94, '91 Window Motors & Regulators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'88, '94, '91 Window Motors & Regulators

Hey, just seeing if there's any interest in any of the spares I have in the shed here. Most of these are labelled and complete factory window motors from a string of cars ('88 Country Squire, '91 LTD I scrapped, and the '94 motors all worked when I bought them off the guy who was derbying it, I don't know the interchange years on the '94 motors/regulators)

I just want the things gone, I may have a few spare new replacement motors, and some door lock actuators (factory or replacement) from those three, I will get an inventory and list them in this thread Monday probably.

Can bring to Scottfest, if anybody needs or wants to hoard some parts.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

I know I haven't gotten back here with an inventory, but if there's no interest I'm just gonna scrap anything that doesn't fit the cars I have now after scottfest, and not bothering to bring any of it with me. Oh well.
    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

94 motors fit 90+ towncar to at least 97. 92-97 grand marquis/ crown vic.

88 fits 79-89. 90/91 I believe is slightly different, I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
        94 motors fit 90+ towncar to at least 97. 92-97 grand marquis/ crown vic.

thanks mang, I will go on rockauto and check window motor part numbers for various panther year/make/models to double check before I bin them, if they're selling a new motor that pops up for many years then the factory ones should be interchangeable as well unless somebody did some engineering magic to make that specific new chinaman window motor fit everything under the sun. I may have a few new motors around to compare case sizes etc with the factory stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          Late 89 change, if I recall correctly. The motor housing is more akin to the Aeros (skinny/flat sided) but it is compatible with the older motors (the big round chubby ones).

I'm about 90% sure an Aero motor can be used in the older cars; the biggest difference is that the shaft for the gear sticks out of the gear. The gear itself may have been different too but if one had the older motor, that should be able to swap between them.

I have used the boxybox motors in my '91 Grand Marquis successfully.
          My Lincoln is a different story though.
          Last edited by kishy; 08-09-2017, 02:48 PM.

Current driver: wagon
          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
          | 88 TC | 91 GM
          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

Aero window motors use a different regulator gear and would need to be swapped. Then would require long enough bolts and bac side nuts to hold it in place as the housing isn't threaded like the box ones.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I made a bastard motor for my (early) '89. The center gear needs to be swapped (it sticks out further on the early cars, pancake motor gear won't reach in far enough to mesh with the regulator. You'll need to use a round motor plate with the round motor gear, and drill a new top mount hole in the cover plate for the mounting bolt. My '89 door already had the 2nd hole at the top location so that wasn't an issue (its closer to the gear by about 1/4" on the pancake motor).

Alex.

Comment

sxcpotatoes, I sent you a pm.

Comment

If you still have the '91 motor, let me know.
                  Don't need one now, but wouldn't mind having a spare around.
                  '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                  formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Working...
                  X