1989 Colony Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1989 Colony Park

I have owned 2 door mark 6's, crown vic's, grand marquis, and town cars; owned 4 door versions of all of them also but never a wagon until now. Drove the thing home over 50 miles. The car has a factory 3.55 posi, dual exhaust with the tranny and power steering coolers. I am going to fix the exhaust leak, replace the rusty water radiator, take a set of tires I have on a parts Lincoln and let It ROLL. The sun killed the front seats and dash pad, but I have a perfect dash pad all ready to put in it. I have a couple extra police rear control arm's and bars for it, have a whole bunch of lincoln logs for it also. Mite even put a oil cooler on it I have also. I honestly like the sun faded look on the outside, Its going to be a great Daily runner to replace my ranger. Any wagon guy's have any tips?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170806_165837.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.7 KB
ID:	1303974

jealous.

Nice ride.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

More pics please.

Comment

Originally posted by dd345 View Post
        Any wagon guy's have any tips?
        Yes, put a newer rear axle under it! It's wider so the tires fill up the fender wells better. Also has disc brakes, which stop much better than the crap you got there now.
        The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
        The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Dang you got a Tow Package car - nice.

Leather or cloth seats?

3.55 is nice. Definitely got a great wagon to work from.

You really don't see these wagons anymore. Slowly Becoming extinct.
          -Nick M.
          Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
          03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Advice: drive it!

Is that a macco paint job or factory stuff?
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Nice buy! Are you the 2nd owner?
              '79 Continental Town Car
              '90 Crown Victoria LTD
              '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

I have a 91 3.55 posi out of a wagon also sitting around I got at the junk yard 5 plus years ago I could play with. The thing all ready has 11 inch drums, stops pretty good for me(for now). The thing has sun baked leather seats, going to look for cloth seats for it, don't really care about rear seats because they will be down 99.9% of the time. The car has been painted before, but by who I don't know. I am the 3rd owner If I am correct. Will Get more pics this weekend when working on it. I am going to the tag office tomorrow to get my tag after work, so this car is going to be a driver.

Comment

Either toss in some Lincoln front seats in there (Towncar Signature/Cartier for bench-like, Mk7 for buckets), or do something better altogether. Factory seats in any non-Lincoln box Panther car are just horrible, even more so if your back likes some extra lumbar support.
                  The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                    Yes, put a newer rear axle under it! It's wider so the tires fill up the fender wells better. Also has disc brakes, which stop much better than the crap you got there now.
                    So could us box Townie guys do this too? Would anything rub?
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by His Royal Ghostliness View Post
                      Either toss in some Lincoln front seats in there (Towncar Signature/Cartier for bench-like, Mk7 for buckets), or do something better altogether. Factory seats in any non-Lincoln box Panther car are just horrible, even more so if your back likes some extra lumbar support.
                      dd345, Sounds like you've got a nice parts stash. I won't be so eager to swap the rear since you've already got the tow package set up but this is a good idea. I'm about to have my front seats re-stuffed cause they are so painful. I had an 88 TC and the seats were so much better

88 Country Squire
                      86 Colony Park, non-op'd
                      89 Mark VII LSC, non-op'd

Comment

I have a good amount of town car parts car's, so that seat idea sounds good. I guess use the mercury seat track and cut a hole in the side of the seats for the switches.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                          So could us box Townie guys do this too? Would anything rub?
                          Yes, you can. And no, it won't. Newer axles of the type that matches to a box Panther rear suspension are only like 5/8" wider per side, there's lots more distance than that between the tire's sidewall and the wheel well's lip. Unless you got seriously wide wheels and tires in the rear right now, like 325s or something.

Originally posted by dd345 View Post
                          I have a good amount of town car parts car's, so that seat idea sounds good. I guess use the mercury seat track and cut a hole in the side of the seats for the switches.
                          Pretty much. I'd be looking for ways to do the switches that does not involve cutting into the seat tho... And before you ask, no I don't have any suggestions, other than trying to stuff the Towncar's door-mounted setup into the Merc's door somehow.

Comment

Cool, good to know. I'm all stock now and this Townie will probably remain that way but who's to say other box townies won't be in our future??
                            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                            X