ventshades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ventshades

anyone know who makes/made the smoked plastic window vent for our cars? i can only find the stainless ones and my car has plenty of shine on it now. I saw a grand marquis for sale that had the black plastic "autoventshade" style, couldnt get a part number

I would like to know this too!

sigpic

I'd rather be a failure at something I love than a success at something I hate.
    George Burns

Comment

If you have $2,872.17 laying around and can order from Canada: https://tonnocoverdepot.ca/auto-vent...or-p-6405.aspx
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

or 95-11 sets here http://www.partsgeek.com/mmparts/win...d_marquis.html
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

The ones from partsgeek look like a good option. They are not expensive also.

Comment

If only you asked like 3 or 4 years ago I'd have let you have Ashley's. Those were the first things to go in the trash when we got it, followed by the crooked Harley-Davidson sticker on the rear window.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

those are the stainless ones

Comment

Sorry the '95 were the impact strips or something in the bottom links, for popular searches. Looks like they do have 98 & 99 and later in dark smoke, stock up on your preferred in-channel or stick on to last the rest of your lives, because I'm sure they aren't making them anymore.

Comment

I think the better question may be whether or not anyone ever DID make the smoked plastic ones for the boxes at all. I've never once seen a reference to them existing.

The stainless ones look right at home on a box as if they belong, but they don't work very well at all on a non-vent-window-equipped box because the whole length of the A-pillar is exposed.

Current driver: Ranger
                  Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                  | 88 TC | 91 GM
                  Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                  Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                  | Junkyards

Comment

I think plastic ones where made, because I seem to remember when I bought my ventshades for the box that the guy asked if I wanted the plastic full coverage ones or the stainless top of the window ones. I seem to remember him flipping the catalog around for me to look at it. I thought the plastic ones looked like crap on any car I'd seen so never paid much attention to what availability they had, but I suspect that a lot of people probably thought they didn't look too good on a box so never opted for them except in the rare case where somebody had experience with both and knew they wanted to be able to open the window a crack when it was raining.
                    I'd go with sxpotatoes (whats your first name anyway?) and compare the aero door angle with the box, might be close enough to work.

Alex.

Comment

LOL, it's Nick, but there's another Nick on here, I will answer to SexC/Sexy of course.

Comment

i was looking through my jc whitney catalog from 2001. it lists the plastic ones but no part number. it just says 79-82 and 83-97 but i know that 93 up windows are rounded not square. im about to call lund and see if they know.

Comment

Originally posted by gtracer95 View Post
                          i was looking through my jc whitney catalog from 2001. it lists the plastic ones but no part number. it just says 79-82 and 83-97 but i know that 93 up windows are rounded not square. im about to call lund and see if they know.
                          79-82 is differentiated from 83-91 by the mirrors. The 79-82 part probably stops a few inches up from the bottom of the A-pillar because the mirror would be there.

But yeah, 83-97 isn't right. 92-2011 should all fit, 97 and 83 wouldn't use the same ones...

Current driver: Ranger
                          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                          | 88 TC | 91 GM
                          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                          | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                          X