Rust - windshield edge 99 marc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rust - windshield edge 99 marc

My 1999 Grand Marc is showing rust around the windshield edge (across the top and in the drivers a-pillar) I have been lead to understand this is a commom problem with this body (Michigan) I need to understand how the trim seal works on this windshield, is the seal one peice or two? it looks like I could roll the seal over with a long blade mud knife and sand blast the upper edge but this method does not apear to be doable on the a-pliar

Is this a project that will need to be done with a windshield removal ? or can a well equiped DIY'er tackle this without removing the windshield?

I don;t know how the seals work for the newer cars but I do kinda know how rust does work. Odds are the rust is creeping underneath the windshield and any type of seal there may be. Best chance of getting a lasting repair would involve removing the windshield and getting rid of all rust present. Sandblasting the affected areas should do the trick then normal body work after that, and of course re-installation of your windshield. Good time to replace it too if she is pitted.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
    X