Detroit Local: Parts Galore engine and trans sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detroit Local: Parts Galore engine and trans sale

Parts Galore, which operates 3 self-serve junkyards in the Detroit area, announced a sale on engines and transmissions:

https://www.facebook.com/PartsGalore...05785636250173

Engines are normally priced as "ENGINE- ANY WITH ACCESSORIES" for $199.99 plus a $55.00 core deposit.
    Transmissions are normally priced as "TRANSMISSION – ALL" for $99.99 plus a $15.00 core deposit.

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Now's the time to go pull that LS.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Those parts galore yards look amazing. There are some good yards around here, but nothing with as many panthers I see in yall's pictures.
      —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
      1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
      1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
      1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
        Now's the time to go pull that LS.
        Absolutely...or in my case a complete 2.3 EFI to swap my miserable, oil-milkshaking carb 2.0 in my Ranger...giving this some serious thought.

It also puts a bit of pressure on to figure out if the wagon engine is good (oil pressure and compression). 8 Mile has a Mark VII with a 5.0 HO.

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
        Those parts galore yards look amazing. There are some good yards around here, but nothing with as many panthers I see in yall's pictures.
        It's that way because of how prevalent Panthers are as daily drivers in Detroit. They're literally everywhere. Boxes can be seen in regular traffic, aeros are still in service as taxis, 98-02 whales are still active cop cars complete with authentic peeling white paint and rusted roofs. Drive through the hood, every 10th parked car is a Panther.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

Also, a large portion of the population in and around Detroit (myself included) either works for one of the big 3 or one of their suppliers. So I think part of the reason that not just Panthers but domestic vehicles in general are so prevalent in the Detroit area is a conscience effort to support the local economy.
          Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
          ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
          ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
          ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

^bingo.
            Hence why I love shopping at local Detroit U Pull It yards for stuff - lots of supply At least for interior parts that havent baked to death in the sun like southern cars.
            -Nick M.
            Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
            03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Nice deals!
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Well yeah, the Big 3's influence is slowly waning though.. More and more 'Yotas and what not all over the road.

And I thought Ashley was supposed to be keeping me posted about Mark VII's in the junkyard???!!! We need a power antenna and a few other things, would love to get matching rear floor mats and an LSC cluster for the thing, those are plug and play, right?? We also need the air intake tube that goes from the air filter box to the TB. Maybe this weekend we'll go but it's our anniversary so she might not want to hit the yard. Sunday I might be exchanging my '69 Plymouth for a '77 Dodge. Hmm.

Comment

Also, if anyone needs a 4.9 straight six & M5ODR2 trans I've got one in my garage. 180k miles, didn't smoke, tick, knock or use oil. We've been saving it in hopes of finding a clean F150/250 that needed a heart transplant but so far no dice there.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                    Well yeah, the Big 3's influence is slowly waning though.. More and more 'Yotas and what not all over the road.
                    From what I've seen I would agree that this seems to be true.
                    Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                    ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Ann Arbor was like a huge clash with Metro Detroit. Metro area was clearly domestic big 3 - not so in Ann Arbor...imports ruled out there.

Found a mint 90-94 dash while I was up there awhile ago but was unable to get it as closing was eminent and was leaving town next day. Oh well...
                      -Nick M.
                      Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
                      03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
                        Ann Arbor was like a huge clash with Metro Detroit. Metro area was clearly domestic big 3 - not so in Ann Arbor...imports ruled out there.

Found a mint 90-94 dash while I was up there awhile ago but was unable to get it as closing was eminent and was leaving town next day. Oh well...
                        That doesn't surprise me at all about AA.

There's always next time on the dash. Like you said, our interiors don't get baked up here and Panthers back to the late, maybe mid, '80s are still pretty common in the JYs here.
                        Vic

~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"

Comment

Unfortunately, the sale ended with the end of September. On the bright side, the engine in the wagon is at least usable and the Ranger will survive another winter without blowing up, so I didn't miss too much of an opportunity.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                          | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
                            Ann Arbor was like a huge clash with Metro Detroit. Metro area was clearly domestic big 3 - not so in Ann Arbor...imports ruled out there...
                            Well, not always. When Ann Arbor turned hipster that's when it started to happen.. Can't stand AA. Went there two years ago or so to see Cake and then John Hiatt. The people, ugh...

Comment

Never cared much for AA myself. However there are a lot of areas north , west and south of it liked to cruse in my car or motorcycle
                              Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Working...
                              X