https://www.facebook.com/PartsGalore...46422162186520

Current driver: wagon
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

Aka: come clear us out so we don't have to store this crap.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I would guess it's to help rotate inventory, yes. A lot of product has been sitting out for quite a while now because it's only piddly little stuff getting pulled and bought.

Two LSCs. I don't think either one had collision damage though. Bit of a gamble. With collision damage you can say with confidence the powetrain should at least "work". No damage makes you suspect the trans first, engine second.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

Are those the ones you showed me? I still haven't gotten out there. Mostly because I've been going round & round with the shop that swapped the engine in the truck as they refuse to fix the exhaust leak and now the thing's oil adaptor gasket & rear main seal are puking. Mind you, these are things I had them replace while the engine was out. Had to get a second opinion on the exhaust leak because they don't trust my diagnosis. Mutha phuka I know my vehicles and their noises! I know a ghawddham exhaust leak from pinging, you fools... So frustrating..

I'm still trying hard to keep the Town Car out of the rain and wet roads.. Wish we hadn't sold the F250 yet. Wish we had a spare garage spot and that I had more time & more equipment to do my own diagnosis and work. Shops these days are terrible, least from my experience.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Yes. Two LSCs at Warren Ave and one at 8 Mile, none were missing engines or trans as of the last times I saw each of them. But if I see an AOD car in the junkyard and it isn't obviously there because of collision or structural failure (recall the red box Vic folding in half at the front doors), my mind goes right to the trans being bad.

Reviewing my pics...

Warren Ave 1991

Warren Ave 1988

8 Mile 1990

Given how rough cars can be in Detroit area traffic in general it's hard to say how much body damage was or wasn't the cause of them being junked. It isn't exactly uncommon that I see cars that look like these on the road in Detroit.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

It's funny how two cars are the same color as ours. I haven't mentioned how much I'm miffed by that lol. Could of had matching panels if I just waited longer.

That 91 really looks clean. I should pull the rear end, driver fender, hood & grille for our purposes.

Comment

The Mark @ 8 Mile was hit, all stuff we were looking for was scavenged. Went to Warren PG and pulled the ECM, ECM relay and coil off the 91 and just the ECM relay off the 88. Both dizzy's weren't complete so I passed on them. Also, the damn temperature & compass thing on the headliner was missing on all three cars. Should have went earlier. Thought I'd get a blower motor for a funsies and Ashley researched it real quick and apparently that's a four hour job. Nope.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                  The Mark @ 8 Mile was hit, all stuff we were looking for was scavenged. Went to Warren PG and pulled the ECM, ECM relay and coil off the 91 and just the ECM relay off the 88. Both dizzy's weren't complete so I passed on them. Also, the damn temperature & compass thing on the headliner was missing on all three cars. Should have went earlier. Thought I'd get a blower motor for a funsies and Ashley researched it real quick and apparently that's a four hour job. Nope.
                  All of those cars have been out for a while now, the 8 Mile one being out for a few months now. I'm not surprised they've been picked over.

Did all three cars still have engines? I'm giving some serious thought to HO swapping something. Probably the 91 since it's the only one out of all of them with the red light of death at hot idle. The only issue is how to know if the junkyard engine is any better before it's in the car. It's the same reason I backed down from the 2.3T for the Ranger. No good way to verify much of anything other than that the crank turns. Cordless impact won't have enough balls to spin the engine for a compression test. I wonder if they'd mind if I rolled my 20 gallon compressor into the yard...plug it in where the pop machines used to be, then once full, roll it to the vehicle. Full tank should be enough to spin the engine a few times.

Or maybe I'm overthinking that. Booster pack right on the starter wire, accessory belts off, plugs out except the cylinder being tested. Easier to carry but takes way longer to "refill" once exhausted.

Oh, yeah. Oil. There is none. Maybe spinning those cranks a bunch of times dry isn't a great idea.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                  | Junkyards

Comment

Well, all the Parts Galore sales are currently over, but I just found out via Facebook that Ryan's Pick-a-Part is currently doing 50% off any engine or trans through the end of January.

"ENGINE ANY W/ACCY" is $154.99 ($77.50 on sale) plus a core deposit of $50.00
                    "TRANSMISSION ANY" is $69.99 ($35 on sale) plus a core deposit of $35.00
                    Last edited by kishy; 01-05-2018, 03:59 PM.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                    | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                    X