Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    Box Townie problems then.
    If you replace the felts they get quieter. I have a screwed up cut in one of mine so it whistles there. The extreme lack of aerodynamics on a box makes them very prone to noise though. I suspect some of it is eddys around the mirror and around the little indent where the door is recessed slightly from the roof pillars. Get them north of 100 and it just whistles, you don't hear it so much in the car but if you happen to be next to another one you hear it. Aeros are vastly quieter, some is better weatherstripping but I suspect more of it is just the fact that its not a brick moving at high speed.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
      Inspect your fuse links. One of them feeds your charging system in stock form. If you haven't already, I would suggest you ditch that whole system and go to a 3G alternator from a Taurus. Make sure you put the battery sense wire on the starter solenoid or the battery cable directly. Do not run it to the charge stud.
      Running the voltage sense wire to the charge stud is not as accurate?
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

It can make a slight difference in voltage, but its more if you have a lossy charge lead. I've measured mine at less than 1/4 volt. Sometime I may move it but I'm not expecting much of a change honestly.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by 86VickyLX View Post
          Make sure you put the battery sense wire on the starter solenoid or the battery cable directly. Do not run it to the charge stud.
          Use a big charge cable and you can hook up the batt sense wire wherever the fuck you want to. 1/0 welding cable with nice copper ends gives no #2 about resistance and voltage losses
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
          The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
            If you replace the felts they get quieter. I have a screwed up cut in one of mine so it whistles there. The extreme lack of aerodynamics on a box makes them very prone to noise though. I suspect some of it is eddys around the mirror and around the little indent where the door is recessed slightly from the roof pillars. Get them north of 100 and it just whistles, you don't hear it so much in the car but if you happen to be next to another one you hear it. Aeros are vastly quieter, some is better weatherstripping but I suspect more of it is just the fact that its not a brick moving at high speed.
            Well seeing as you're the only other guy I on here I know aside from LSE_Dave who's rockin' a box Townie you'd have to take a ride in it. Like you mentioned though, I think they're just prone to noise. I know that whistle your talking about. Why I'm contemplating a '90 but the body lines aren't as cool and well, no Opera lights. That's a big bummer right there.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
              It can make a slight difference in voltage, but its more if you have a lossy charge lead. I've measured mine at less than 1/4 volt. Sometime I may move it but I'm not expecting much of a change honestly.
              Im gonna leave mine on the charge stud as well. No issues for years. Taurus charge cable in my car to the underhood fuse box after a mega fuse.
              ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
              My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
              My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
              But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
              my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
              X