Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WTB 79 to 81 front bumper with the 2 openings in it...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB 79 to 81 front bumper with the 2 openings in it...

Hi everyone,

looking to buy a 79 to 81 front bumper - the one with the two slots cut into it for airflow. I have an air to water intercooler on my wagon and it was just repositioned right behind the front bumper and I need some airflow there!

Thanks!
    1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - gone to the darkside. 5.3 LS Turbo Swap with 4L80E. 6.62@106 in the 1/8 mile (low 10's in the 1/4), full weight, AC, no compromises! Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020 and Race Week 2.0 2020

FYI, the vents are non-functional. You would have to cut corresponding openings in the back half of the bumper, otherwise the air will be directed out the ends of the bumper.

You should also be aware the Ford and Mercury (and Lincoln) bumpers are all visually different but if you compare some pics you should be able to decide if you want the same or can deal with it being different.

Current driver: wagon
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

thanks kishy, I can cut the back piece of the bumper no problem, I just don't trust my skills at cutting the outside chrome! Yes - I would prefer a grand marquis or colony park bumper since that is what I have...
      1984 Mercury Colony Park Wagon - gone to the darkside. 5.3 LS Turbo Swap with 4L80E. 6.62@106 in the 1/8 mile (low 10's in the 1/4), full weight, AC, no compromises! Rocky Mountain Race Week 2020 and Race Week 2.0 2020

Comment

"Creamy" starting page 8 an a few pages beyond show a bumper i slotted.
        Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Intercooler eh? Let's see what's going on under that hood....

Comment

You want one too? Get in line lol

Comment

Nice - I will check out that Creamy thread....

I have an old cartech Mustang turbo on it with some other goodies...and we have craptastic 91 octane here in CA so...intercooler of some form was suggested. I had a big air to air I/C on there but it blocked too much radiator flow and car was getting hot in the summer time...

Comment

Working...
              X