No announcement yet.

kishy's 1983 Grand Marquis 2dr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a nice car. I like the last pic, how you can see the glow from the dash lights.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I really like the added detail of the older tudors. The neato silver pinstripe around the 1/4 windows are just so perfect. The way the pinstripes work with the merc trim are quite cool as well.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I've really come to love this car for what it is. When I got it, I wanted to add cornering lamps, autolamps, and other things. It's an odd car, being an LS with more or less no options...

But I don't think I'll change it, except brake stuff. It will need the timing set replaced as it should be original still. I once planned to kind of hotrod it, but more likely I will do that with one of the others and leave this as it is. It's just a really nice car. I don't want to take away from that.

Even the pinstriping has grown on me. The red/white thing works, even if there is no time period other than the 80s it could have come from.

Current driver: Ranger
        Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
        | 88 TC | 91 GM
        Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
        Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
        | Junkyards

Comment

Here's some more:

In case you're wondering what the mural is commemorating: https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia....windsor-strike
          Last edited by kishy; 08-06-2019, 01:08 AM.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

Yeah, I'd leave it be too. It appears to be an honest survivor, minus the wheels that is. Seats look so comfy, nice road trip machine for sure. "ride engineered"

Comment

Speaking of seats, those look like GS seats. At least if it were a later model those would be GS seats, or did earlier LS trim cars get those seats too? I'll take the GS cloth seats over the LS cloth seats any day.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

83 Marti report:

Last edited by kishy; 08-07-2019, 09:10 PM.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                | Junkyards

Comment

I wonder if retiree purchase plan was for someone leaving Ford and they got to option a car of their choosing. I wonder though looking back at the beginning of this thread if the previously registered owner who passed was the original owner of the car.

These reports you got are pretty dang neat.

My Cars:
                  -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                  -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                  -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                  -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
                    I wonder if retiree purchase plan was for someone leaving Ford and they got to option a car of their choosing. I wonder though looking back at the beginning of this thread if the previously registered owner who passed was the original owner of the car.

These reports you got are pretty dang neat.
                    The car was one-owner before me, and I bought it from the POA...it was her deceased father's car. In Ontario, a mandatory part of vehicle ownership transfer is the new owner seeing the history of owners and if any liens are outstanding, so I know it was only ever registered to the one guy.

I think the retiree plan is the Z plan, which is still around today.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                    | Junkyards

Comment

Pretty cool. I like these Marti Report things. If only something similar was available for GM vehicles.

Comment

Today, this car was in attendance at the 2019 Metro Detroit meet. My friend drove the wagon to the meet with me in the 83, and then we traded for the duration of the day.

After we split off from the meet, we took some photos. I'm going to post most of these in the threads for both cars to make them easier to find later; sorry for the spam in the meantime.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                        | Junkyards

Comment

Your friend have a favorite after driving both of them?
                          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                          my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                            Your friend have a favorite after driving both of them?
                            He actually likes them both a lot, for very different reasons. The wagon is ratty and he likes its rattiness. The 83 is dead silent and actually drives very well. It's a very soft and plush car.

Seemed like the 83 came out as the one he liked more. It's a far cry from most of his vehicles...he's got a bunch of RHD Japanese stuff which I'd describe as his main theme, but also some other oddballs like first gen Insights and a couple military vehicles. But he's also got a 2000 Grand Marquis which he's come to really love as well.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                            | Junkyards

Comment

Man, when I go to officially list my Town Car I ought to have you do the photo shoot. Those pics turned out really well. Did you intentionally remove the inside parking lights from the Ford or they just don't work?

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                                Man, when I go to officially list my Town Car I ought to have you do the photo shoot. Those pics turned out really well. Did you intentionally remove the inside parking lights from the Ford or they just don't work?
                                I think I have a bit of an eye for composition, but I'm not really in the same class as a photographer. I'd be glad to partake, of course.

The inner parking lights on the Ford do not work. New bulb in each side. I am suspecting they were intentionally disabled by one of the previous owners, for reasons that are not apparent, because both sides together being out for issues like dirty terminals is just not likely (more likely it'd be one only).

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                                | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                                X