08 TC driver seat formed to butt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

08 TC driver seat formed to butt

This in an 08 town car with about 80k+ miles on it. I think it would be nice to get the seat back into shape. The leather is good.

Ford sells a seat cushion pad and a seat frame. Ideally I would want to have the needed part on hand before I take the seat apart. Both are expensive or I would buy both upfront.

Anybody have this experience and rectify it?

Thanks,
    Jay
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Pictures of what Ford considers a "seat frame"? The actual steel frame should be a non-wear item, but IIRC there is a steel wire mesh under the pad that has springs on the ends that could get weak...

Likely the problem is with the foam piece (cushion pad) tho, since that is really what you are sitting on. I resurrected my truck's dead jump seat (the one in the middle between the Recaros) with foam from a whale Panther seat, it looks like new now.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

That was my thought but you never now the springs could be the weak spot.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

my 93 is much better now with cardboard between the springs and foam.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Jay, there are three whale seats here, they are buckets from taxi-cab Crown Vics IIRC, no idea on the exact model years, all driver's seats - they were supposed to get reupholstered but the asshole who owned the company never paid the upholstery man for the materials even, just left the seats sit in his shop taking up space. So anyways, they are here now, two are usable with a seat cover but the third one is all torn up. I can cut the springs off that bad seat before I send it to the landfill. I'll take some pics tomorrow, maybe you're dealing with a similar design and adding a few extra springs can save you from replacing the "seat frame"...
          The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

It would be nice to see what it looks like.
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

This is what I got, uses 6 springs per seat (3 per rod) and the two rods that support the mesh and the cushion pad above it are hooked directly into the steel pan front and rear.
              Attached Files

Comment

Thanks,

So just a guess from the pic, if it is not the pad it is probably those 6 springs. I am going to get the pad & go from there.
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Yup, that would be my course of action as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X