PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: 1981 mark 6

Default 1981 mark 6

I scored this car last week from a car lot, that the original owner traded in on a new one. The car lot was trying to sell it for over a year, and they slowly came down to earth with the price. The georgia and Florida sun killed the car, but it's not too nice that I am afried to drive it. No sunroof which I love in the town cars, but in the town coupe, and mark 6 in seams I am always hitting my head on the roof because of the shorter 2 door roof line. Has the digital dash which is a must have for me.

The tv rod fell of the first day I had it, so put on the brass bushing, hopefully not to mush damage was done.

I scored a 3.55 posi out of a 1989 town car a couple weeks ago for it at the junk yard. I forget if there is something weird with these early aod's for the speedometer gear.

All ready had a full dual exhaust off a 1988 lincoln with the hangers. I shorted the H pipe and was good to go. Nice living in the south useing factory exhaust from the 80's besides new mufflers.

Need to do some door work but luckily I scored a 2 door mark 6 parts car a couple years ago and saved parts from it.

Put a wagon front swaybar up front and a police bar in the rear. Mite experience with the front police sway bar later.

Think this is the first car I will try to keep up to date on here.

More things to come are 1990 Lincoln headers, 1989 factory jbl CD player set up,oil cooler from a 5.8 police car and tranny and power steering cooler if they fit with the hideaway headlights, maybe 1980 Lincoln tubular control arms and more things to come.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190310_180841.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	51782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190310_180841.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	51782
    Last edited by dd345; 03-23-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Neat color combo.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

Good deal.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

all the CFI are belong to me

Very nice. I've seen a couple in that colour combo...

Recommend you give the turn signal lenses a good wiggle. If they seem loose, pull them out and reglue them better. They're an absolute bear to find in good shape.

83 GM 2dr | 84 TC POTM 1/2017 & 4/2019 | 85 CS | 85 Ranger | 91 GM POTM 12/2017 | Junkyards

Gotta love the lacy spoke turbines.

I like your style of adding factory appearing options. What’s the plan for the CD/JBL? How does the later radio fit in the earlier car (physically not electronically).
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

I am well aware of the front turn signals, have a couple extra ones also. I have put later radios in a mark 6 before, never a cd set up tho. I have been bench testing the factory CD player set up but the sound is distorted while playing a cd. Swapped some tires around today and gave the a/c a shot, then had some cold air. The ATC is acting up, but will deal with it at a later date. Got the door panels off and got the windows working also, still need to change out the keyless entry buttons tho.

I've uhh got a factory CD player from '89 that could be for sale.. It's pretty minty.

Nice car though, I like two doors a lot and that color scheme is sechsy. How about some interior shots?
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Love it!... I saw one (same 2 tone)on the Tampa Craigslist about a month ago and when I went back to look at it again it was gone... At least I thought it was Tampa... could have been a surrounding areas ad too.