PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just picked up an 84 LTD CV Wagon

Default Just picked up an 84 LTD CV Wagon

Just picked up this 84 LTD Crown Vic Wagon.

I've been wanting to get a Country Squire but have not had much luck with finding a straight, no rust one so when I saw how straight and rust free this CV Wagon was I jumped on it. I plan on repainting it and adding the woodgrain (anyone have any trim pieces laying around?)

The interior is pretty sun baked, but in decent shape. If I come across a brown or tan interior in a junk yard I may swap it out.

Anywho, just wanted to say hello.

I'd stop with just the re-paint unless you really have a woody for woody.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

I don't know if all those plastic trimmy things are pop riveted or glued on, but they're a pain in the ass and impossible to find unless you buy a whole 'nother car.
    , on Flickr
    SLICKTOP '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, police swaybar, S&S headrests. 2002 GM LS, & 2003 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate. 1962 project Heep.

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Paint the whole car with woodgrain motif, and silver or whatever factory tutone stripe down the main body side. Reverse woody!
    , on Flickr
    SLICKTOP '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, police swaybar, S&S headrests. 2002 GM LS, & 2003 Grand Marquis LS Ultimate. 1962 project Heep.

Nice find.

The steel sides are kinda rare! I'd keep it that way and because installing all of that trim will be a nightmare. Gonna need a parts car for sure.

I really want a nice wagon.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Tow package (dual exhaust)?

I'll trade you a woodgrain for a steel side...
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, former lawn ornament
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Southern

Your wagon is more rare because it lacks the wood trim. Personally I would painted a desirable color and enjoy it. Congratulations on the find

fomoco panthers !

Enjoy the non woody wagon. You will have nothing but regret converting it to a woody. Looks like it needs a headliner, which is not that hard. Do the visors while you are doing the headliner. Looks good. Is that a locking or non locking wheel center that is missing ? I might have it.

Quote Originally Posted by 87gtVIC View Post
    Nice find.

The steel sides are kinda rare! I'd keep it that way and because installing all of that trim will be a nightmare. Gonna need a parts car for sure.

I really want a nice wagon.
    Quote Originally Posted by TecNickal View Post
    Your wagon is more rare because it lacks the wood trim. Personally I would painted a desirable color and enjoy it. Congratulations on the find
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    Enjoy the non woody wagon. You will have nothing but regret converting it to a woody. Looks like it needs a headliner, which is not that hard. Do the visors while you are doing the headliner. Looks good. Is that a locking or non locking wheel center that is missing ? I might have it.
    I'm not a wagon guy but all of this anti wood stuff X2. Non wood looks much better, and I prefer the Ford front end meself.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Quote Originally Posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
    I don't know if all those plastic trimmy things are pop riveted or glued on, but they're a pain in the ass and impossible to find unless you buy a whole 'nother car.
    Glad I was able to track some down!

Just picked up a set of lower rear seat sections as the ones in mine were missing. Those rear jump seats are one of my favorite parts of the wagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post

I'll trade you a woodgrain for a steel side...
    It is dual exhaust, but there is no hitch. I've not looked to see if there is evidence of a hitch being installed at one point - I'll have to do that tonight.
    Was dual exhaust a separate option or did it only come with the tow package?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainemantom View Post
    Yep, the rear fabric was gone and the front was hanging down and driving me nuts so I ripped it out too, I'll be replacing that after I know what color interior I end up with.

formerly blkpnthr

We've got coordinated jump seats! Kind of!

Nice wagon. Can't say I agree with the woodification but you should make it yours and enjoy it.

83 GM 2dr | 84 TC POTM 1/2017 (Pre-Op) | 85 CS | 85 Ranger | 91 GM POTM 12/2017 | Junkyards

This is my other vehicle, so I'd say yeah I probably do!

Red white and blue theme, white headliner, American flag paintjob, add wood sides.
    , on Flickr

Looking forward to seeing your progress.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I like the woodgrain, but I don't think I'd add it to a steelside car. One thing that I do not like specifically about the Ford CS is that side trim. Quite honestly its crap. The Mercury trim is much better.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

I post a lot...

That black clip with the spring is what holds on the merc trim. They bolt on. Need a hole with a nut on the other side and rubber seals in between. I can't remember where those red plastic clips go. They mount on a welded stud.

You may consider just getting it wrapped in wood. Or maybe wood and the color of your choice for the rest of the body. Then use some select generic glue on trim. Perhaps as mentioned, paint on the wood. There are kits and places that specialize in that mostly for the old cars that came that way at least on the interior.

Otherwise you would probably be better off finding a nice woody to start.

It is yours but the steel sides do give you flexibility. I kind of like it. I used to drive one very much like that at my old job when it was new.
    GMN donor. 89 Colony Park LS Mods>HO, 4 spray injectors, 2.25SS duals magnaflow hflow cats, 2010 Must GT mufflers, auto air shocks, Posi, Tran cooler, big front brakes, 03+ rear disks, Large 3g alt, Tripminder, GS grill, 86 seats, 93 CV radio, Kenwood Speakers, 16" HPP wheels, 225-60/16 BFG advantage TA's, winter boots=96 Cartier wheels, 215-65/16 Goodyear ULTRA GW3 snows, pi rear sway, alum driveshaft, HELLA H4's SS ultras H1 highs. It needs rear interior trim & headliner. Please help

03 Marauder DPB, Silver Stars, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector.

02 SL500 Silver Arrow pretty much done, nice ride, Maybe for sale

The spring clip with the stud is for the end of the trim on the doors, both CP and CS have them.
    The CP and CS trim is the same profile, the way they wrap around is obviously different.

fomoco panthers !

That wrap idea might be the easiest, cost efficient and might even look the best. They can do amazing things with wraps. It can always be taken off if needed. Easy to replace if a panel is damaged. You would not have to weld studs, find plastic trim that will peel or break. Adhesive trim to fade or mismatch.

I didn't realize woodgrain was such a hot topic in these parts. Figured I would find fellow Woodgrain lovers here...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiggie View Post

No sign of a hitch being installed

H cross over:

Man this underside is clean.

Obligitory engine pic:

That tiny rad will have to go. The PO admitted he went cheap when he replaced it.

I'll have to look up that PN on the alt to see if its an upgraded.
    *edit, nope he went cheap on that too. $32 65amp valuecraft.

Last edited by Birdofprey; 10-04-2017 at 11:28 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast