Just picked up an 84 LTD CV Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just picked up an 84 LTD CV Wagon

Just picked up this 84 LTD Crown Vic Wagon.

I've been wanting to get a Country Squire but have not had much luck with finding a straight, no rust one so when I saw how straight and rust free this CV Wagon was I jumped on it. I plan on repainting it and adding the woodgrain (anyone have any trim pieces laying around?)

The interior is pretty sun baked, but in decent shape. If I come across a brown or tan interior in a junk yard I may swap it out.

Anywho, just wanted to say hello.

I'd stop with just the re-paint unless you really have a woody for woody.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I don't know if all those plastic trimmy things are pop riveted or glued on, but they're a pain in the ass and impossible to find unless you buy a whole 'nother car.
      Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
        Paint the whole car with woodgrain motif, and silver or whatever factory tutone stripe down the main body side. Reverse woody!
        Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Nice find.

The steel sides are kinda rare! I'd keep it that way and because installing all of that trim will be a nightmare. Gonna need a parts car for sure.

I really want a nice wagon.
          ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
          My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
          My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
          But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Tow package (dual exhaust)?

I'll trade you a woodgrain for a steel side...
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Your wagon is more rare because it lacks the wood trim. Personally I would painted a desirable color and enjoy it. Congratulations on the find
              -Nick M.
              Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
              03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

Enjoy the non woody wagon. You will have nothing but regret converting it to a woody. Looks like it needs a headliner, which is not that hard. Do the visors while you are doing the headliner. Looks good. Is that a locking or non locking wheel center that is missing ? I might have it.

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtVIC View Post
                  Nice find.

The steel sides are kinda rare! I'd keep it that way and because installing all of that trim will be a nightmare. Gonna need a parts car for sure.

I really want a nice wagon.
                  Originally posted by TecNickal View Post
                  Your wagon is more rare because it lacks the wood trim. Personally I would painted a desirable color and enjoy it. Congratulations on the find
                  Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                  Enjoy the non woody wagon. You will have nothing but regret converting it to a woody. Looks like it needs a headliner, which is not that hard. Do the visors while you are doing the headliner. Looks good. Is that a locking or non locking wheel center that is missing ? I might have it.
                  I'm not a wagon guy but all of this anti wood stuff X2. Non wood looks much better, and I prefer the Ford front end meself.
                  1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                  1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by sxcpotatoes View Post
                    I don't know if all those plastic trimmy things are pop riveted or glued on, but they're a pain in the ass and impossible to find unless you buy a whole 'nother car.
                    Glad I was able to track some down!

Just picked up a set of lower rear seat sections as the ones in mine were missing. Those rear jump seats are one of my favorite parts of the wagon.

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                    Tow package (dual exhaust)?

I'll trade you a woodgrain for a steel side...
                    It is dual exhaust, but there is no hitch. I've not looked to see if there is evidence of a hitch being installed at one point - I'll have to do that tonight.
                    Was dual exhaust a separate option or did it only come with the tow package?

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                    Yep, the rear fabric was gone and the front was hanging down and driving me nuts so I ripped it out too, I'll be replacing that after I know what color interior I end up with.

Comment

We've got coordinated jump seats! Kind of!

Nice wagon. Can't say I agree with the woodification but you should make it yours and enjoy it.

Current driver: Ranger
                      Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                      | 88 TC | 91 GM
                      Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                      Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                      | Junkyards

Comment

This is my other vehicle, so I'd say yeah I probably do!

Comment

Red white and blue theme, white headliner, American flag paintjob, add wood sides.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing your progress.
                            ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                            My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                            My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                            But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I like the woodgrain, but I don't think I'd add it to a steelside car. One thing that I do not like specifically about the Ford CS is that side trim. Quite honestly its crap. The Mercury trim is much better.
                              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                              X