Just picked up an 84 LTD CV Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
    My 89 Colony Park had the same problem when I bought it. Ended up being the ground wire was not grounded properly under the dash. Try using a jump wire to get a solid ground and see if it works. WagonMan
    Well, ground at the dash seems to be good. The switch in the tailgate acts a bit funny so I'm thinking I need to look there, may be some corrosion and it's not letting the power through the switch.

Comment

My 89 and friend of mine I sold my 91 to have the same problem - oddly whenever the temperature inside the vehicle gets warmer the dash switch does not work. I now have the problem that the keyed switch in the tailgate also does not respond to commands. Yay.
      -Nick M.
      Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
      03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Comment

I'll have to pull the tailgate panel and see what I can find and report back.

Comment

Don't forget, the dash switch works only when the key is on, unlike the tailgate which is powered all the time. WagonMan
          89 Colony Park
          90 Colony Park
          70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
            Don't forget, the dash switch works only when the key is on, unlike the tailgate which is powered all the time. WagonMan
            Copy that. Testing was done with Key On.

Comment

Thanks to WagonMan my tailgate looks more complete.

Comment

Glad to help out. Let me know if you need anything else. WagonMan
                89 Colony Park
                90 Colony Park

Comment

Dash tailgate switch works!

The PO said its never worked the whole time they had it, turns out it didn't have the fuse in.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdofprey View Post
                    Dash tailgate switch works!

The PO said its never worked the whole time they had it, turns out it didn't have the fuse in.
                    D'oh. It's like last night, buddy frantically messaging me needing a ride to the store because his car battery (new 2 months ago) is dead. Go over, start poking stuff with the multimeter, battery checks out but car gets no juice. Side-terminal bolt (GM car) was almost completely undone on the positive terminal and the cable was perfectly centered around it so it wasn't in contact.

Check the simple things first

Current driver: wagon
                    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                    | 88 TC | 91 GM
                    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                    | Junkyards

Comment

I have a love hate relationship with those side posts. A lot of times they seem tight and secure when they're not. Bolts have threads but the battery does not so you have to be careful, hate 'em.
                      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

What are my options for gas cap? I currently have a locking cap and I can't stand locking caps. I stopped by Advanced Atuo parts and what they pulled up was tiny. Like lawn mower tiny.

Comment

I have several gas caps. WagonMan VEIGHTPETE@GMAIL.COM
                          89 Colony Park
                          90 Colony Park

Comment

Thanks WagonMan, gas cap pressure test is probably one of the main failures of our emissions tests. I always replace it with brand new when I bring in a vechicle for the first time.

I saw that AAP also carry a plastic screw in cap but I don’t think that’ll thread into the push in style filler.

Comment

Stant 10810 should fit the bill nicely.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/parts/st...+tank+cap,5900
                              1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                              1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                              Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                              Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Tiggie, thats the tiny one I tried.

Comment

Working...
                                X