No announcement yet.

Just picked up an 84 LTD CV Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d be pulling that interior for my 90 if it were local. 90 is hard crunchy vinyl just waiting to split open. I bet it even has jump seats. I could find other front seat somewhere.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
      I bet it even has jump seats.
      I was surprised that it didn't have the jump seats. not just the removable lower seats, but the backs weren't there either. (wonder if it was deleted or just removed at some point)

Comment

I have a hitch you could have. It's just some thick steel that bolts to the underside of the bumper and a place for a ball. Also, wtf is up with all those nice ass boxes in the yard??
        Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

Would a sedan hitch setup fit a wagon? I have the sturdy one that bolts to the frame rails and has a real receiver. I hear these are good because they tie together the frame, but i never intend to tow with it and don't figure this boat needs more weight.

Comment

Yes. The only difference is you will need to mount it as far aft as possible because the 2 inch receiver is shorter on the sedan version by about 4 inches IIRC. You may also need an extended bar hitch to use with it. I also have a class 2 hitch that would be good for just tying the frame together and weighs about a third of the class 3/4 hitches. It uses a 1.25 inch receiver that GMGT welded to it after I cut off the old flat shadow hitch slot.
            Last edited by sly; 02-03-2018, 06:01 PM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Hitches are useful, but as someone who has a class 3 I can tell you that once in a while it will drag the ground. Really steep driveways, especially with people in the back will make it happen. Don't run the multi-ball types that have the un-used one pointing down or it will happen a whole lot more. Not a big deal really but it catches your attention.

Mostly I like the big hitches because the receivers are more common and I already have 2 vehicles on the property that use that size. Its purely convenience at that point. Also its what came on the car, its been there since 1986, one of the few original parts left at this point.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

+1 if you have more than one, run the same size. The 1.25 square tube receiver is not on a car.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by p71towny View Post
                  I have a hitch you could have. It's just some thick steel that bolts to the underside of the bumper and a place for a ball. Also, wtf is up with all those nice ass boxes in the yard??
                  Thank you, I'll have to check what the JY wants for hitches, it may end up being less than the shipping cost.

Comment

The Wagons are multiplying....

Comment

my dad has that same tan wagon... haha
                      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
                      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
                      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

“Boxes are addicting” as my signature used to say. Yours or just a visitor?
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Damn i want a wagon, so jealous. Hmm, now wondering if i should mount that hitch on the car. I never intend to tow with it, ever. Are the frame benefits worth the added weight and looking stupid? I know some will disagree, but i firmly believe that cars look dumb with trailer hitches on them. Always.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                            “Boxes are addicting” as my signature used to say. Yours or just a visitor?
                            Shes mine:

Just picked up an 86 LTD CV Wagon

Comment

That '82 JY Art project car had a perfect air intake so I deceived to grab it for the 84. Makes a big difference in under hood appearance.

Comment

For some strange reason duct tape just does not look good.
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X