No announcement yet.

Just picked up an 84 LTD CV Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found one of the jump seat photos showed the hinge. Enhance... ENHANCE.

Comment

The torsion bar set up in the tail gate is to help with the weight of the tail gate when closing it. It does not have a stop set-up when letting the tail gate down, that is what the cable is for. I have lots of wagon parts including the license plate light cover. E-maIl me for parts, VEIGHTPETE@GMAIL.COM
      89 Colony Park
      90 Colony Park
      70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

I've read the rear doors are slightly different sedan vs. Wagon, but does anyone know if the door cards are the same? Or is the overall shape very different?

Comment

Originally posted by Birdofprey View Post
          I've read the rear doors are slightly different sedan vs. Wagon, but does anyone know if the door cards are the same? Or is the overall shape very different?
          I'm pretty sure the only difference is in the upper frame and glass.

I have sedan door cards waiting to go in my wagon and I didn't notice any difference in shape. Now I'm going to have to check, of course...

Current driver: Ranger
          Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
          | 88 TC | 91 GM
          Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
          Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
          | Junkyards

Comment

It makes the most sense that the cards would be the same from a production cost stand point. But these things don't always make sense!

Comment

The door cards are the same from sedan to wagon. Did you look for the axle code? WagonMan
              89 Colony Park
              90 Colony Park

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
                The door cards are the same from sedan to wagon. Did you look for the axle code? WagonMan
                Thanks for the confirmation. I'm stuck at work, I'll check it this afternoon.

Comment

Tow package doesn't neccesarily mean it had a hitch. Its just a package, the hitch is something you'd have to add beyond that. The sure tell is whether its got a transmission and power steering cooler in front of the radiator. If you have a long loop of steel tube and a teeny cute trans cooler up under the air intake area, its a tow package car. They also came with 3.55 limited slip rears and dual exhaust.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

+1 I like woody wagons, but adding woody to a non is a lot of pain.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Guys, constantly telling me you think it’s a lot of work is not going to make me change my mind, this Wagon is going to have woodgrain.

Comment

Did you look for the axle code? WagonMan
                        WagonMan, it looks like Z code under AX

Comment

3.08 Traction Lock,(Posi) gears. Not bad! WagonMan
                          89 Colony Park
                          90 Colony Park

Comment

3.08 Traction Lock,(Posi) gears. Not bad! WagonMan
                            Sweet! Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdofprey View Post
                              Guys, constantly telling me you think it’s a lot of work is not going to make me change my mind, this Wagon is going to have woodgrain.
                              If you're all in for it, go for it. The point is that you know that it's going to take a lot of work to do that. It's not that we're against it.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                              Originally posted by gadget73
                              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                              Originally posted by dmccaig
                              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Both mine have broken cables. I rarely use the truck type let down anyway so not a big deal for me. But it did dent the woody trim on the 90 under the prior ownership.

Your Ford emblem can be replaced by a newer one on the same size. I think mine came off mid 90's Taurus trunk lid. The holes are the same but the newer design holds up better than the two peice thing on there originally.

Still look for the trans cooler. I am surely not the only person in the world to own a 3.08 tow package car (mine was single exhaust too). Although I haven't found another yet...

I wanted a wood wagon when I got my 88. I now like the woodless better. If it's a garage queen, woodgrain is okay. But to drive, woodgrain ages not too well. The replacement stuff is not very good so I hear, even the 3M di noc stuff.
                                Last edited by Tiggie; 10-04-2017, 09:26 PM.
                                1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                                1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                                Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                                Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X