Just picked up an 84 LTD CV Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kodachrome Wolf View Post
    Nice haul. You may need to swap the seat tracks from your existing seats since there was a floor pan change towards the end. That shouldn't be too hard, though.
    Yep, I was going to remove the power seat track from the 91 since I knew it wouldn't work in mine but it only would've saved $10 (power buckets are $30 and manual $20) but I didn't have the time and I figured having a whole spare motor and switch setup would be worth the $10.

I'm looking forward to start swapping stuff out, the PO smoked heavily in the car and the new carpet and seats should go a long way to eliminating a lot of that smell.

Comment

Woah. Those parts look in fantastic shape.

I am partial to that interior color....it is a nice one.

Perfect cloth seats is something thats been on my JY list for some time.....Some day ill get lucky.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Went to the JY with the CP today.

The tailgate strap was broken in the same spot mine is.

It had a tripminder so I grabbed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdofprey View Post
          Somebody was living differently with that upside down stereo. Can't say I've seen that before.

While it's not cool to see a dead wagon, it is interesting to see a de-grained Colony Park. I see a few holes, but I'm wondering if the rest were filled or smoothed, along with the mounting nubs.

A unique feature that seems to exist on Colony Parks with wood grain removed are the seams around the taillights. Nick pointed that out to me, and it almost looks like the seams are in the shape of LTD taillights. I'm real curious how Ford produced the wagon bodies given how similar the Ford and Mercury models were save for trim.

FWIW, those front plate brackets are worth grabbing. Someone usually winds up looking for one, or you can use it for yourself.
          Last edited by Kodachrome Wolf; 10-09-2017, 12:33 AM.

My Cars:
          -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
          -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
          -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
          -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Gawd, it seems like an atrocious atrocity to scrap a non rusty car...
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I may be interested in that '91 power seat bracket if it's tight. May cost a fortune to ship here though.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                I may be interested in that '91 power seat bracket if it's tight. May cost a fortune to ship here though.
                Cool, I'll let you know after I swap it over.

Comment

Went back to the JY today and took some photos of the 90 and some of the other cars of interest.

Since the back seat was still there and no one had wiped their greasy hands on it yet (I freaking hate that crap) I decided to grab it.

1977 VERSAILLES

1988 CV

1984 TOWN CAR

Comment

Dizzy condom is always worth a grab.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                    Originally posted by gadget73
                    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                    Originally posted by dmccaig
                    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      Dizzy condom is always worth a grab.
                      Should at least buy me a beer first! Lol

Comment

What the mileage on the 90? Looks mint. Sadness.

And what's it doing snowing? My a/c was cranking like July today here in Virginia.
                        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Its too early for SNOW ! NOOOO.
                          It is possible to make that back seat cover work on a wagon. The whole thing as it is won't work, but an upholstery shop could make it work if they wanted to. I did it once. the donor car did not have the center arm rest. It ended up looking good.

That Lincoln Versailles is worth some serious money in parts ! It appears that someone took the disc brake rear end already. Just the 3 piece inside door handles can bring some good money. That whole front clip if perfect could bring over $1200. There is a interest in those cars and parts are very hard to find in excellent shape.

I would love to take a power saw to those A pillar sections on the 90. From the top to the rocker. Just cut more than needed. They look good. Just have mine cut out and put those in. Too bad that car is not nearby.

You have a pm.

Comment

My feelings exactly about the snow. It was a crazy storm, we don’t normally get snow until Halloween night. Tons of limbs broke and we were without power from 10am to just a little before 9pm had to fire up the wood stove.

I thought the same thing on the Versailles, I looked it up and they only made them for 3 years and only 50,000 were ever made (pretty good sales for just 3 years actually)

It’s sad that cars with useable parts only get a few weeks in a yard then crushed.

Comment

Oh my fucking god, where are you? Those cars are damn near mint! Such a crying shame. Especially that CV. I'm teary eyed.
                              1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                              1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

The weird thing about those 3 or 4 cars in that row was they all had the keys stuck in the trunk and with used car lot tags and 3 copies of the keys. Almost like they were trade ins that didn't sell or something.

In other news I got that tailgate strap already, that was fast!

Comment

Working...
                                X