No announcement yet.

Just picked up an 84 LTD CV Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right? Couple of very clean cars there. That '90 is gorgeous! Body is better than mine for god's sake.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
      Right? Couple of very clean cars there. That '90 is gorgeous! Body is better than mine for god's sake.
      Unbelievable.. Although I hate the Versailles much like I hate the Seville, just a mid size with an inflated price tag.. Better bet is a Town Car or Fleetwood.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Not impressed with the Lincoln Grenada or the Cadillac Caprice? Those were the precedent for such awesome things as the Cateract Cavalier or the Lincoln Taurus.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

The Seville was actually based on the Nova... I didn’t mind those too much.
          2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
          2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
          Past Panthers
          1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
          if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

Jealousy overwhelms my soul as I view your mint tailgate cable... just kidding... kind of. Can you get some measurements when you get a chance?
            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

The NOS cable I have,(NOT for sale) is 17 1/8" center of eyelet to center of eyelet. 1/2" hole on one end, 3/8" hole on the other. Hope this helps you find a new one. WagonMan
              89 Colony Park
              90 Colony Park
              70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

The plastic on this old NOS is pretty stiff so I'm going to use it to find an suitable replacement.

Thanks for the measurement WagonMan

Comment

I think you can use some 3-in-1 oil on the plastic coating. Just give it a light rub and wipe up the excess. In a few days, if it's not limber enough, give it another rub. It should be set by the end of the week.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

That 90 in the JY is the gift that keeps on giving.

I noticed the door glass felt channel on mine was dry and cracked all to hell so I grabbed both front door ones.

Is the rear glass that goes up and down the same or is both that and the fixed glass different? I'd guess just the fixed glass is different between the sedan and wagon.

Tiggie, to answer the mileage question:

I hope that's 122k because only 22k would be a major shame.

Comment

The rear up/down door glass is the same wagon to sedan. WagonMan
                      89 Colony Park
                      90 Colony Park

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
                        The rear up/down door glass is the same wagon to sedan. WagonMan
                        WagonMan is THE man. Thanks dude.

Comment

What is a common cause for the dash tailgate switch to not work?

Power goes through that switch to the back one and the back one works fine, switch failure?

Thanks!

Comment

My 89 Colony Park had the same problem when I bought it. Ended up being the ground wire was not grounded properly under the dash. Try using a jump wire to get a solid ground and see if it works. WagonMan
                            89 Colony Park
                            90 Colony Park

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
                              My 89 Colony Park had the same problem when I bought it. Ended up being the ground wire was not grounded properly under the dash. Try using a jump wire to get a solid ground and see if it works. WagonMan

That makes total sense since that switch is the same as the driver window switches (identical) and when the window switch is in neutral position the power passes through. Each switch gets it’s ground locally.

Comment

I love my Squire, but if I could find a similar-condition steel-side I'd swap in a heartbeat.
                                '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                                formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Working...
                                X