PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!

Thread: HUGE hoard of whales

Default HUGE hoard of whales

Holy cow! people need whale parts? police parts? looks like this guys has it all

https://cnj.craigslist.org/pts/d/cro...300688576.html
    -Phil

+'82 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, 2bbl 2150 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. 86 Valve Body with a Baumann Shift kit.
    +1975 Maverick- Fuel injected 302, Trickflow 170 heads, XE270 cam, explorer intakes, 24# injectors, custom tune. T5 transmission, 3.55 Yukon Trac-Lok rear.
    +1989 Mercury Colony Park "Large Marge" Lopo 302. 3.55L K-Code Tow package, Big brake swap, rear discs, HO intake/TB.

dayum... Glad I don't live near him. I would buy a couple 01-03 fans (the one with the round pigtail and not the oval one - easiest to set up with just a pair of relays and no need to make sure the low side turns off) and maybe some push bars.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Wow. I want a box version of that. In my own yard! I imagine heaven to look something like that.
    1988 Crown Vic Wagon - daily
    1990 Country Squire - yard ornament (save me please)
    Other: 95 Ranger, 74 F250, 68 Mustang, 94 Mustang
    Sold: 1982 LTD and 1987 Crown Vic

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

I really want the factory stainless dual exhaust...how close are you to this guy Phil??

- 1988 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (For Sale) - 2007 Mercury Grand Marquis LS - 1994 Ford F150 XL - 1958 Mercury Medalist - 2005 H-D Sportster XL1200C

WOUNDER if much of it was under water
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Quote Originally Posted by MrMarquis View Post
    I really want the factory stainless dual exhaust...how close are you to this guy Phil??
    I didnt even know they had a factory stainless exhaust, I'm about an hour away or so, depending on traffic. maybe 45 minutes.
    -Phil

+'82 Ford LTD-S Police Car. 351w, 2bbl 2150 Carb, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. 86 Valve Body with a Baumann Shift kit.
    +1975 Maverick- Fuel injected 302, Trickflow 170 heads, XE270 cam, explorer intakes, 24# injectors, custom tune. T5 transmission, 3.55 Yukon Trac-Lok rear.
    +1989 Mercury Colony Park "Large Marge" Lopo 302. 3.55L K-Code Tow package, Big brake swap, rear discs, HO intake/TB.

I don't know if all the whales had stainless, but I know my 03 Sport does. Still has factory pipes under it and not one hole in it. I'd like to know if he has a good clear set of headlight lenses. And yea, those 03 fans are expensive to replace, trust me lol... if they're cheap I'd grab one.
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

GMN Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    Holy cow! people need whale parts? police parts? looks like this guys has it all

https://cnj.craigslist.org/pts/d/cro...300688576.html
    I'm guessing he's not married lol. His wife would be pissed having all that clutter around
    '79 Continental Town Car
    '90 Crown Victoria LTD *In storage for the winter.*
    '92 Crown Victoria Touring Sedan *Parts car.*
    '94 Crown Victoria

Quote Originally Posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
    I didnt even know they had a factory stainless exhaust, I'm about an hour away or so, depending on traffic. maybe 45 minutes.
    Aeros had stainless too, or at least '95+ did, since the donor car for my exhaust was a 1995 CVPI. I've also had a full exhaust for a 2007 CVPI, and it was stainless.

My Cars:
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (320K Miles) - The Hideaway & April 2017 POTM Winner
    -1989 Sable LS Wagon (88,710 Miles) - Sold
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (190K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 POTM Winner

Any idea why they did this? its not cost effective. most exhausts last over 100K
    -Phil

My guess is since they hadn't redesigned the platform in so long that the extra cost of the stainless exhaust was minimal at best. Probably explains why they decided to install the junk axles in the early whales which tore up the rear as well. Bean counters at their finest.
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.