HUGE hoard of whales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HUGE hoard of whales

Holy cow! people need whale parts? police parts? looks like this guys has it all

https://cnj.craigslist.org/pts/d/cro...300688576.html
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

dayum... Glad I don't live near him. I would buy a couple 01-03 fans (the one with the round pigtail and not the oval one - easiest to set up with just a pair of relays and no need to make sure the low side turns off) and maybe some push bars.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Wow. I want a box version of that. In my own yard! I imagine heaven to look something like that.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

I really want the factory stainless dual exhaust...how close are you to this guy Phil??

sigpic
        - 2004 Ford Thunderbird - 2006 Ford F150 XLT - 2018 Ford Explorer Limited - 1958 Mercury Medalist

Comment

WOUNDER if much of it was under water
          Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarquis View Post
            I really want the factory stainless dual exhaust...how close are you to this guy Phil??
            I didnt even know they had a factory stainless exhaust, I'm about an hour away or so, depending on traffic. maybe 45 minutes.
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

Comment

I don't know if all the whales had stainless, but I know my 03 Sport does. Still has factory pipes under it and not one hole in it. I'd like to know if he has a good clear set of headlight lenses. And yea, those 03 fans are expensive to replace, trust me lol... if they're cheap I'd grab one.
              These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                Holy cow! people need whale parts? police parts? looks like this guys has it all

https://cnj.craigslist.org/pts/d/cro...300688576.html
                I'm guessing he's not married lol. His wife would be pissed having all that clutter around
                '79 Continental Town Car
                '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by Brown_Muscle View Post
                  I didnt even know they had a factory stainless exhaust, I'm about an hour away or so, depending on traffic. maybe 45 minutes.
                  Aeros had stainless too, or at least '95+ did, since the donor car for my exhaust was a 1995 CVPI. I've also had a full exhaust for a 2007 CVPI, and it was stainless.

My Cars:
                  -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                  -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                  -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                  -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Any idea why they did this? its not cost effective. most exhausts last over 100K
                    -Phil

sigpic

Comment

My guess is since they hadn't redesigned the platform in so long that the extra cost of the stainless exhaust was minimal at best. Probably explains why they decided to install the junk axles in the early whales which tore up the rear as well. Bean counters at their finest.
                      These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Working...
                      X