Need Pictures For Reference For Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Pictures For Reference For Installation

Hi Guys i have currently installed on the mark vi a factory police/wagon trans cooler and power steering cooler units. I need pictures of how the Lines for the power Steering cooler connect(one goes on the gear box which port on the gear box that i dont know, and ones goes to the bottom of the ps pump, and also how the trans cooler lines connect to which port on the trans cooler. Thank you.

1982 Lincoln Continental Mark VI Bill Blass Designer Series 2-Door(Larisa)
    -Mods: HO Roller 302, GT40P Heads, Explorer Intakes, HO ECM(D9S), Autodimming w/compass and outside temp rearview mirror, Daniel Stern Lighting Mod, Dual Exhaust, 90's GM C/K Series Retractable Hood Light, Red Digital Dash Display, 92-94 White Leather Town Car Signature Cupholder Armrests, HPP Wheels, Police PS Cooler, Police Trans Cooler. More to come!!!!
    1998 Ford Explorer Limited 5.0 AWD(Fiona)-Mods: Lincoln Navigator THX Audio System, Ford Explorer Sport Instrument Cluster.

The gear box ports are different sizes. The fat high-pressure hose coming out the side of the pump will connect to only one of them properly - this is your supply line. The other port of the box is obviously the return - hook a piece of rubber hose to that and run it to one of the cooler ports, doesn't matter which of the two you pick there. Then from the other cooler port run another piece of hose back to the bottom of the steering pump. Coolers are not directional, hook up the hoses however makes then route nicer.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Factory routing:

hose from the steering box to the lower line of the cooler
      hose from the upper line of the cooler to the bottom of the pump

hose from lower port on the radiator trans cooler to the lower line on the trans cooler
      hose from the upper trans cooler to the steel lines coming from the transmission.

These are the factory style lines for the coolers, original to the car. The steering box is late style, but its using the line that 98-02 CVPI cars with a power steering cooler came with. The fitting isn't the same as the old steering box, but its bent and routed exactly the same.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	upper line, cooler to trans_resized.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1282431

Name:	upper line cooler to PS pump_resized.jpg
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	1282432

Name:	steer box to cooler line_resized.jpg
Size:	152.8 KB
ID:	1282433

Name:	lower line rad to cooler_resized.jpg
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	1282434

Name:	connections at trans cooler_resized.jpg
Size:	164.0 KB
ID:	1282435
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That is exactly how my '98 is routed from the factory as well, except '98s do not have the radiator tank trans cooler. My '97 will be routed that way once I get around to replacing the trans lines, the only trans line assemblies still available for it are for a car with the external cooler so I'm going to add one and make an adapter to hook it up to the radiator out of the only good end left on the old lines.
        -Steve

2006 Audi A6 S-Line FWD ~132k miles, stock.
        1998 Mercury Grand Marquis LS HPP ~102k miles, slowly acquiring modifications.
        1997 Lincoln Town Car Cartier ~145k miles, Ported Plenum, Gutted Airbox, Mechanical Fan Delete, Contour E-fan Retrofit, Dual exhaust, Cats ran away, KYB Gas-A-Justs, P71 front sway bar, air ride reinstalled, Blinker Mod, Projector headlight retrofit, Caddy 4-note horn retrofit, Wood rim steering wheel, rustbelt diet plan..
        1996 Mercury Grand Marquis GS 117,485mi. R.I.P. 7/14/12

Comment

Working...
        X