Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tailgate glass guide pieces same as sedan doors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailgate glass guide pieces same as sedan doors?

It'd help if I knew the name of these pieces, but...

Inside at the top of the tailgate (the normal doors have them too), there are metal blocks wrapped in some sort of fuzzy fabric which adjust and guide the angle that the glass goes up against. In my wagon, the tailgate ones have no fabric, which means when the tailgate is open the glass leans forward against the metal blocks.

Are those pieces the same as used in the front doors?

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Window channel felt.

If the stuff is the same, it should be this stuff: http://metrommp.com/?f=type_detail&M...%26%20Sweepers

It's in the Weatherstrip and Dew Wipe sources sticky... http://www.grandmarq.net/vb/showthre...w-wipe-sources

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Nope, not that stuff...I know that stuff. I'm referring to the felt-lined metal blocks with adjustment bolts inside the doors.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
      | Junkyards

Comment

The tail gate guide/stop felt covered blocks are wider than the door g/s. The tail gate ones have a stud with a nut so the screw does interfere with the regulator. So, no they don't interchange. WagonMan
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park
        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Oh... now I know what you're talking about. Probably best to take those out and sand/scrape clean then contact cement on some new felt and reinstall... or some form of that.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
          rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
            The tail gate guide/stop felt covered blocks are wider than the door g/s. The tail gate ones have a stud with a nut so the screw does interfere with the regulator. So, no they don't interchange. WagonMan
            Good to know. I'll try to refurb the ones I have rather than waste the effort trying to get junkyard normal door ones.

Originally posted by sly View Post
            Oh... now I know what you're talking about. Probably best to take those out and sand/scrape clean then contact cement on some new felt and reinstall... or some form of that.
            Yeah...that's probably the best option.
            Also, didn't mean to dismiss your earlier reply, it's good info. Just not this particular info I was looking for lol.

Every once in a while one of the Lincoln's windows makes a loud crunch sound, it's more pieces of the window channel crumbling and being destroyed by the window closing, so that's an upcoming project as well.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

No worries. It's not the right info, so not needed.

Comment

I used the soft side of velcro to refurb mine.
                Builder/Owner of Badass Panther Wagons

Busy maintaining a fleet of Fords

Comment

Working...
                X