new wagon owner looking at wheels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new wagon owner looking at wheels

Just got my first panther and its a wagon! I want new wheels these are the 2 im looking at. At first i was sold on chrome but im leaning more towards the grey with machined lip now. They will be 18x8s and i will probably run 235/50/18s. What do you guys think? MY car is attached along with both sets of wheels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	wagon.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	185.2 KB
ID:	1304029 Click image for larger version

Name:	RIDLER695C1.png
Views:	1
Size:	254.0 KB
ID:	1304027 Click image for larger version

Name:	RIDLER695G1.png
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	1304028
    86 LTD Crown Vic wagon
    05 F250 Powerstroke
    83 Mercury Capri RS
    84 Mercury Capri RS
    84 Mustang GT
    88 Suzuki Samurai
    15 GSXR 600

I'd go with the grey to give it some contrast. Click image for larger version

Name:	20150815_093029.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	1282488 These are MB wheels old school 17x8 with 255/50/17 Nitto 555's. At full lock the fronts will rub a little going into a driveway. I rolled the fenders on the car in this pic but sadly it was taken from me. Got another white '90 which now wears the same shoes.

Comment

thanks for the reply 59 looks and only 1 reply was expecting more i guess, anyways i ordered the grey ones this morning
      86 LTD Crown Vic wagon
      05 F250 Powerstroke
      83 Mercury Capri RS
      84 Mercury Capri RS
      84 Mustang GT
      88 Suzuki Samurai
      15 GSXR 600

Comment

Gray is my vote. Chrome a bit flashy. This is coming from one one who has black wheels...
        1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
        1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
        Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
        Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Not big on black wheels either really, chrome is alright on certain things but it really has to be the right wheel. Yeah it's funny what people read and reply to and not sometimes but you'll get used to it. Sometimes I look at the hot topics and think they're inane bullshit so I reckon others feel the same way about different threads. It's a big funny mixing bowl of riddlers here but we have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by TeXaS SoB View Post
            thanks for the reply 59 looks and only 1 reply was expecting more i guess, anyways i ordered the grey ones this morning
            Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one and they all stink at times - I never understood why people ask others what to do with their own vehicle, it's your own shit so do whatever appeals to you, there's always an asshole out there who won't like it anyways. Case in point, I think 18s look kinda stupid on these cars (or any other older cars for that matter), I would have gone with 17" black wheels with polished lips - black centers would go well with the dark-tinted windows, and the shiny lip matches all the other polished aluminum trim. But again, this is my opinion, and I don't even own one of these infernal things, so whatever, you ordered what you liked most, and that's all that matters in the end.
            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
            The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Not all of us check out all the forums everyday. I usually stick with the box/whale/off topic and foray into the others randomnly.
              I partial to chrome on boxes.

Alex.

Comment

also... not everyone has an opinion they want to share about everything. With wheels, I tend to say "If you like it and it fits without rubbing, have at it."

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

thanks for the reply 59 looks and only 1 reply was expecting more i guess
                  Stick with the HPP's and loose the pea shooters
                  2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                  2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                  2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                  1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171030_172050[1534].jpg
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	1282612

All good guys just new here im used to facebook didnt know ppl still used forums. Anyways i went with the grey and machined lip. I dont get butthurt over stuff if i ask for a opinion or thoughts I expect all answers.
                    86 LTD Crown Vic wagon
                    05 F250 Powerstroke
                    83 Mercury Capri RS
                    84 Mercury Capri RS
                    84 Mustang GT
                    88 Suzuki Samurai
                    15 GSXR 600

Comment

I dont get butthurt over stuff if i ask for a opinion or thoughts I expect all answers.
                      That's the right kind of attitude! Sadly the lack of said attitude from your average FB user is why some of us refuse to have anything to do with FB - people are WAY too eager to turn nothing into a big deal and start all sorts of crap and drama, fuck that noise.

Those wheels look quite good on the car, better than I expected actually - I think for me the larger wagon sheetmetal area out back offsets the larger wheels and still keeps things proportional-like. You plan on lowering this thing some more? Personally I think that you should not...
                      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
                      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

I like a lot.
                        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I think im gonna leave it be rides good already. I hear yeah i admin on a large gun page on fb and alot off ppl get their feeling hurt very easily when they ask these type of questions.
                          86 LTD Crown Vic wagon
                          05 F250 Powerstroke
                          83 Mercury Capri RS
                          84 Mercury Capri RS
                          84 Mustang GT
                          88 Suzuki Samurai
                          15 GSXR 600

Comment

I think im gonna leave it be rides good already. I hear yeah i admin on a large gun page on fb and alot off ppl get their feeling hurt very easily when they ask these type of questions.
                            Having spent a fair amount of time on gun forums, it's a touchy bunch, with some strangely juvenile behavior given the arena. Of course, car forums can be like that too. Thankfully we don't really see it here much, which is why this is my favorite place.

Comment

Working...
                            X