No announcement yet.

Lokar TV cable pressure problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you know what pressure you have it at, offhand?

Comment

no idea
      Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Comment

I would say keep the cable so it comes out of the center of the mounted section so it doesn't cut it's way through the nuts it mounts to the bracket with. As far as the pressure. Keep tightening the cable when the shift point gets low. There will be some initial stretch. It should stabilize after probably 2-3 adjustments and then only require minor tuning after that. Again, I encourage some kind of ball welded to the cable to keep it from falling through should the set screw come loose. Nothing worse than having pressure go to zero while driving.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Tomorrow I'll head back to work and just do what I did before and make sure there is zero slack in the line, even if it makes the line pressure 40PSI, it seemed to be fine at 38 or so

Comment

Love that this went from "stay the fuck away from the lokar junk" to "hey so I bought the lokar junk and am using it, what could go wrong?" Lol.

Comment

I had one put on when my 1993 Flareside’s cable snapped. Trans shop put it on after a rebuild. I had zero problems with it. It’s not junk if it’s put in and adjust right.
              1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
              2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
              1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
              2018 VW Golf GTI - February 2018-February 2021 (was a lease)
              2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - May 2019 (it's road legal!)

2019 VW Golf Alltrack company provided April 2019 - Present
              2012 Fiat 500 5 speed - January 2021-Present
              2003 Audi A6 Allroad 6 speed July 2021-Present

Comment

Well I've been driving it for a week so far, under normal throttle and warmed up, the trans shifts into second around 18mph, then into third at 30. I still don't shift into OD until I'm doing 55mph or so, though
                But when I have idiots in front of me that don't know what a gas pedal is, light acceleration shifts into second at 10-12mph and into third at 20mph or so. And that's with the pressure gauge saying my TV pressure at 41PSI with the gauge block in.
                I'm starting to use the small adjustment nuts on the cable to raise the TV pressure. I want to shift into 2nd around 20mph, and into 3rd around 30mph, with light throttle

Comment

Sounds to me like it's working fine then.

+1 adjust the cable to your preferred shift feel.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                  rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                  Originally posted by gadget73
                  ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                  Originally posted by dmccaig
                  Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Mine doesn't do OD until at least 45, and thats only if I back off the pedal completely to force it. Feels like I ran something over when it does that too. Normally its 50-55 with light throttle. I'd leave it alone.
                    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Yeah, my OD really clunks in, as well. Is that just a quirk with these transmissions?

Comment

yeah, if the pressure is a bit on the high side, and especially if you let off the gas to force the upshift.
                        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                        X