No announcement yet.

Another 79 Tudor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why wouldn’t a 2-door be worth $2500? They’re more rare than wagons which is saying something.
    1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
    2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
    1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
    2018 VW Golf GTI - February 2018-February 2021 (was a lease)
    2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - May 2019 (it's road legal!)

2019 VW Golf Alltrack company provided April 2019 - Present
    2012 Fiat 500 5 speed - January 2021-Present
    2003 Audi A6 Allroad 6 speed July 2021-Present

Comment

I would say that it is worth that much... but having a buyer in the area that wants to spend that much on a not popular, classic car is another story.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by longroof87 View Post
        Why wouldn’t a 2-door be worth $2500? They’re more rare than wagons which is saying something.
        Because these cars are fairly worthless. Anyone who knows boxes knows they'd be ahead of the game buying a 86-91 SEFI car to being with.

Personally I think $2500 is a more than fair price for it, but the fact it still hasn't sold tells the tale.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by longroof87 View Post
          Agreed - my comment is geared towards me personally. At some point, I am not going to be able to resist buying it. But since I have no space, that time is not yet.
          1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
          1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
          Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
          Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Tiggie, you're exactly the type of person the buyer is waiting for haha.

Took me nearly 3 months but I got $2,000 for my beat up '69 Plymouth.

I second what pantera said, I'd much rather have an '87 two door than that thing. Hell, if you really wanted that ugly front end the early cars had (LTD-S type) you could swap it on, much easier than doing an SEFI swap, among other things.
            Last edited by DerekTheGreat; 12-05-2017, 08:14 AM.
            1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
            1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Heck... I'm still surprised I managed to sell the Mad Marquis for $1400. It's a good runner though, so that may have worked in my favor.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
              rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
              Originally posted by gadget73
              ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
              Originally posted by dmccaig
              Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I wish I lived over there or somewhere where salt doesn't fly very often. $1,400 buys a rusty car which may or may not even get you home.

Comment

My last crusty purchase was half that and it got me home... after the first 20 miles and then borrowing your alternator it got me the other 60 miles home.
                  Bouncing over every speck of dust in the road with worn ass shocks, missing a rocker panel, couldn't get in the driver door with the window up, no rear view mirror, the sound of rushing wind coming in from someplace it shouldn't... Honestly that car has been extremely reliable once I got all the kinks worked out, so I can't complain for what I spent.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

LoL so technically it didn't get you home. "Get you home" means it does so without assistance haha. I've found that given a reliable power/drive team, like say a 300 six and five speed, it can be made reliable once the kinks are worked out. It's just many don't have the patience and so they're kicked to the junkyard. We spent more than $1,400 for this truck we have now and it's been the biggest POS and the biggest loss I've ever taken with a car. However, it is now reliable and fun to drive said since kinks have been worked out of it. Hindsight is always 20/20 but this truck should have been junked. Engine was turds, brakes were turds, headlights didn't work, brake lights had issues, heat didn't work, shocks were blown out, rockers were missing, and many other small issues... Now though, I'm happy we have it. I just home some idiot doesn't total it before it pays us back what it owes us dammit!

Comment

I'd say 'me want', but really I think I'd still hold out for a '79, 78, or 77 Cougar, Thunderbird or Continental. Unless a cherry '87 2-door popped up...
                      I think the lure of the 2drs for me is that they are almost the above mentioned cars, which are pretty much the same as my 1st car, the '77 LTD2 2-door (the ugly one of that family )
                      Last edited by 85crownHPP; 12-08-2017, 04:11 AM.
                      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
                      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                      sigpic
                      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

If it wasn't 700miles away, id prolly grab it

...And he just posted on CVN, $1900... GO... someone
                        Last edited by JeffBoudah; 12-08-2017, 07:10 PM.

Comment

It's tempting, but if I wanted something with an anemic carbed engine and a puke green interior i'd prefer it in barge form.
                          Certainly looks like a nice car, and for $1900 someone is getting a good deal.
                          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Appears to have sold on eBay for $1700.

That's a great deal for someone to get into the classic car hobby at a low price. Hopefully it finds a good home.
                            1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                            1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                            Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                            Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Working...
                            X