Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

help OIL Change Required Reset 08 TC

Hi,

I have done a few oil changes on the 08 TC and been able to reset this warning in the past.
    Last spring I injured my arm so I went to ford for an oil change and tire rotation.

I changed the oil today. I reset the oil life to 100% but I still get the "Oil Change Required" every time I turn the car on.
    I RTFM. The manual says to get to the oil screen and it should say "Press reset if new oil".
    I don't get that message anwhere that I can find it. It lets me vary the percentage but I can't find how to tell the car it has new oil.

Like I said I have done this a few times & don't remember having a problem. Can this reset function be locked out by ford or am I just doing it wrong?

Thanks,
    Jay
    Last edited by jaywish; 11-04-2017, 05:35 PM.
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Can you vary the percentage to 100%?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Yes I can vary the % no problem.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Setting it to 100 does not clear the warning. That requires a separate action once the warning is set.
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Should be (I think)-

Push SETUP until SYSTEM CHECK pops up.

Push RESET to start the check.

When CHANGE OIL SOON pops up quickly PUSH and HOLD RESET until it is confirmed.

Done.

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD
          06 LTC, Silver Birtch, Fully Loaded [ The Daily ] ***POTM 4/2018
          97 Mountaineer, 5.0 H.O. , 135k, Now with functioning window

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

stupid feature if you ask me, is there a way to disable it?

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
            2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
            1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
            1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
            2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
            1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Originally posted by Lincolnmania View Post
              Nope

You know how forgetful old people are

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

Yep. That was it, go into system check. I was going into the oil life % change section.
                Thank You,
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Yes. Buy an older townie!

Comment

I don't usually use it as I use 12 month oil and filters. So 2x a year I need to reset it. Though on the wife's Escape I use it as it still has a factory engine warranty.
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                      Yep. That was it, go into system check. I was going into the oil life % change section.
                      Thank You,
                      Good to hear

Comment

Most likely part of the main cluster code. Might be a setting that you could toggle with forscan, but you'd need the unicorn cluster without it to pull the data from to see what changed.

Alex.

Comment

Working...
                        X