28oz flexplates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

28oz flexplates?

Does anyone know of a recommended flexplate for a 28oz. balance motor?
    The 347 is 28oz and I put on a Scat flexplate when I put it in, then read a few reviews later on saying that that particular flexplate messes up the trans by blocking something.
    I know I bought that one because I was on a budget at the time and it was the most affordable, I need one that has been known to work well with the AOD since I'll be putting the new one in with the new flexplate when the time comes.
    1989 Country Squire - Twilight Blue, 347 stroker

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

How about a stock replacement for a 351W Box? They are all 28oz and 164T.

Interesting about the Scat one. I would be interested to know what the reviews said.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

It was one on Summit, then I found one or two more...and my trans is pretty bad at this point.

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?

2005 Crown Victoria Sport - Black - Stainless Works full exhaust with Borla Pro XS mufflers, BBK 75mm TB, Accufab plenum, CVPI airbox, Heinous control arms, etc...

Comment

KMJ Performance has them and they are SFI Rated

Comment

Blocking what? It just bolts to the converter.

Comment

TC drain plug maybe? That'd be silly though... I used an sfi flexplate from TCI for my 408

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
            '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
            '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

I bought a 50oz scat flexplate, pretty sure it's SFI approved. What could be the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by JeffBoudah View Post
                Blocking what? It just bolts to the converter.
                I really have no idea since there isn't anything there to "block", just a review on Summit. I got a new stock replacement 28oz flexplate for my new trans, along with a new cooler, converter and temp gauge.

LOUD EXHAUST IS FUN! AM I SHOUTING?

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                  I bought a 50oz scat flexplate, pretty sure it's SFI approved. What could be the problem?
                  Having been on the internet too long, I don't think I could buy anything branded "scat" without just assuming it to be shit.
                  86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                  I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

I mean, if you run a 164 tooth, where there should be a 157 tooth you're gonna have problems and vise-versa. But that's a C4 issue, all AOD's run a 164 tooth. Take customers reviews with a grain of salt, cant blame the product for their lack of research or understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                      Having been on the internet too long, I don't think I could buy anything branded "scat" without just assuming it to be shit.
                      My stroker's crank and rods are Scat branded. It definitely is the shit

RIP Jason P Harril, we'll miss ya bro

'80 Town Coupé
                      '84 Towncar - Teh Cobra TC, 408w powered
                      '16 Ram 1500 CC Outdoorsman, Hemi/3.92/8sp 4x4

Comment

Hi,

So looking at the bbs http://vb.foureyedpride.com/showthre...0-351w-and-aod,
                        would just the 164/28oz flexplate be needed to swap in a 351w...

Or something else for the transmission?

And also, what about using a B&M rachet shifter?

(Something I wanted to do 20 years ago, but forgot about it. More about the hammer-shifter part).

{edited}
                        Found this resource:
                        https://www.coolcats.net/modifying/floorshift_aod.html
                        Last edited by BigMikeIT; 04-09-2019, 06:58 PM.
                        sigpic
                        1987 Mercury Grand Marquis LS 2DR
                        302CID, K&N air filter, Dual cherrybomb glasspacks, Vogue tyres (Front:P225/60R16,,Rear:P235/60R16), Centerline Pulsar wheels (Front:7", Rear 8")
                        COBRA 25LTD CB with/ Wilson 500 whip antenna.

Comment

Working...
                        X