New Town Car in my garage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Town Car in my garage

Here is my new pride and joy, a black-on-black 2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited. I inherited this car from my father, who bought the car used in 2014 with 21,000 miles, and she now has only 73,000. Currently, I am debating whether to keep this cream puff stock or begin with a few minor modifications. I'll be putting new wheels on it either way. Most likely, a set of 18"x8" Enkei Draco with the machined face wrapped in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500 rubber. Also, since the car came with factory dual exhaust, I think a pair of Flowmaster 10 series mufflers are also in her near future. After that, I'll just tinker with it when I have the time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by HotRodLincoln; 11-16-2017, 04:38 PM.

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

Nice. Maybe it's just the perspective in the pic, but is that a long wheel base model?

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

No, it's the standard wheelbase.

"No other man-made device since the shields and lances of the ancient knights fulfills a man's ego like an automobile." -Sir William

2011 Lincoln Town Car Signature Limited- Black on black, ADTR sway bars, 19" Mustang GT rims, Heinous rear control arms, dual exhaust with Flowmaster 10 series mufflers. MHS Stage 2 heads/cams, 80mm MAF, 75mm BBK throttle body, Accufab plenum, Stainless Works long tube headers, Ford Racing 24# injectors. ADTR T56 swap with Hurst shifter. 264HP/298TQ at the rear wheels.

Comment

gotcha. Looks dang good though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Damn that's pretty. I love a whale townie in black. Or any of them in black really.

Comment

I like the license plate. A nod to Commander Cody and his “Hot Rod Lincoln”. Cool.

Car looks really clean, can’t go wrong with a late run whale.
            2020 Volvo XC90 T6 Momentum (Ice White / Blonde)
            2022 Ram 1500 4x4 5.7 Etorque, Built to Serve Edition, (Granite Crystal / Black)
            Past Panthers
            1989 Grand Marquis LS (Cabernet/Grey), 1989 Lincoln Town Car SS (White/Blue), 2004 Mercury Grand Marquis Ultimate (White/Black)

Originally posted by Lincolnmania
            if its got tits or tires it's bound to give you trouble

Comment

New rims

Picked up some new rims today. Had to use some 5/16" spacers to clear the calipers, but worth it. The handling is much better with the 245/45R19 Pirellis.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MustangRims.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.6 KB
ID:	1282965

Comment

Originally posted by HotRodLincoln View Post
                Picked up some new rims today. Had to use some 5/16" spacers to clear the calipers, but worth it. The handling is much better with the 245/45R19 Pirellis.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]49195[/ATTACH]
                That is one nice car.

-1994 Lincoln Town Car...always under construction

Comment

What I did to my 08.

Sun visors from an 06?. The double visors with better made mirror doors.
                  Addco 1" rear swaybar. A nice handling improvement, should go great with the bigger meats.
                  I did a posi carrier but you may not need that in VA.
                  Trunk organizer. What a difference.
                  Weathertech floor liners. Nice for the winters here.
                  03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                  08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                  12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
                    What I did to my 08.

Sun visors from an 06?. The double visors with better made mirror doors.
                    Addco 1" rear swaybar. A nice handling improvement, should go great with the bigger meats.
                    I did a posi carrier but you may not need that in VA.
                    Trunk organizer. What a difference.
                    Weathertech floor liners. Nice for the winters here.
                    I'll look into the sun visors, thanks. I already ordered the Addco sway bars front and rear, just waiting for them to ship. I'm also planning on putting in a 3.55 Trac Loc rear end, I just need to space things out so my wife doesn't think I'm overindulging. I'm nowhere close to done with this one...

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by HotRodLincoln; 02-01-2018, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Looking good!!

-ryan s.
                      08 Lincoln Navigator L - 233k
                      03 Mercury Marauder- 63k
                      97 Ford Crown Victoria HPP "Tank of Justice III" (TOJ3) - 194k -->578.9 miles on ONE tank of gas<--
                      94 BMW 325i Convertible - 135k
                      73 VW Super Beetle "Bunky" <----- Wifey's
                      12 Mini Cooper S - 90k <---- Wifey's
                      Originally posted by pantera77
                      Well my buddy tells him he knows exactly who loves buying shitboxes.

Comment

Went to Rent-A-Lift today, and in just under two hours, I installed the ADTR sway bars. I even got my wife to help! While I was there, I also had my Heinous rear control arms installed (not pictured). What a difference those three upgrades make!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	FrontBar.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1283013 Click image for larger version

Name:	RearBar.jpg
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	1283014
                        Last edited by HotRodLincoln; 02-10-2018, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Beautiful car. Could you provide some details about how the car handles compared to stock? I'm tempted to do the sway bars on my '04 CV Sport.

Comment

It's a very nice upgrade from the stock handling. The sway bars almost completely eliminate body roll, and turn-in is much sharper. The Heinous control arms help control the lateral motion of the axle. In all, the car feels much more refined and controlled, and it has a more European feel as far as overall composure. I would highly recommend these parts.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                              X