Tailgate Key Switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailgate Key Switch

Wagon peeps! I have an odd problem. The tailgate wont go up or down with the key. That's not what's odd about it. I removed the switch and it's working fine. The problem is there is nothing to actuate the switch, and even if there were there are two metal tabs surrounding it that make it so the switch cant be pressed far enough to allow it to work. It simply just rotates with the whole assembly as the key turns.

Is it mounted incorrectly? Am i missing a piece? What going on here???
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

I mostly figured it out, those tabs are *supposed* to swing independently of the switch bracket. They were so seized up that a lot of lubricant and moving it back and forth helped. Hopefully this will help someone in the future.

The only issue I have now is...The window will go up and down with the key, with the door open. However with the door closed it will only go down. Is there an adjustment for this?
    -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Try disconnecting the lock solenoid and see if the key works both up and down. I have had problems with the lock mechanism binding. WagonMan
      89 Colony Park
      90 Colony Park
      70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

Working...
      X