rear SIDE WINDOW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rear SIDE WINDOW

ARE the rear side windows available? Think some kids with BB gun shot out the passenger side rear window on my wagon.

I am really tired as fuck of Kentucky
    Scars are tatoos of the fearless

Looks like it might be from SafeLite. I ran an 89 CV wagon through the estimator for zip code 40003 and it came back with $259. Not sure what year wagon you have though. Assuming this the is rear window on the wagon end, and not the rear door window.
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

As of 1.5 years ago, they were available but very low stock and expensive as heck for glass installers to get.

I ended up getting mine from WagonMan for a more reasonable price. He can also advise you on a method of removing the glass without drilling the rivets to remove the bracket.
      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

The rear door glass is the same as a sedan, except for the fixed window, that is wagon only. If you can't find any good used glass locally to you, I have it. WagonMan VEIGHTPETE@GMAIL.COM
        Last edited by WagonMan; 11-25-2017, 01:02 PM.
        89 Colony Park
        90 Colony Park
        70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

Comment

just got off the phone with safelite 275 for rear quarter window 25.00 for doing it at my place. Said they were a limited supply of them. So going to cost a bit over 300.00 and will be here Thursday afternoon. Feared these were possibly unobtainium.

Comment

Safelite just called me apparently wagon quarter windows have been discontinued. Fucken kids

Comment

That wagon I cut the floor out of may still be in Detroit (Ryan's Pick-a-Part, but their website inventory is always wrong). It had both rear side windows when I last saw it.

Logistics of moving glass around get kind of challenging though, would you be trying to get it from there? I had been tempted to get those and the tailgate glass as spares for mine, easy enough to put them up in the attic and forget about them.

Current driver: Ranger
              Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
              | 88 TC | 91 GM
              Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
              Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
              | Junkyards

Comment

Well, if turbo decides to get them from you one option is to leave them with me. This way he wouldn't have to deal with border fascists.
                1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I am in the middle of KY now. Was hoping to get to mich over thanksgiving but my girl fried had a lot of stuff going on as here sister is passing. Hope to get up there over Xmass. Might not get there then as the ass holes in this city took my sons kids away with no proof of any wrong doing a year and a half ago. Citys broke its how they make money. In fact ky is one of the worst states for this. But if some one up there comes up with one let me know.

Comment

The aforementioned wagon is gone, but there's a new one. Good glass all around. I didn't realize it glues in like a windshield or I'd have walked out of there today with two rear side windows...

My intent is to buy those windows. If you then decide you want to buy them from me, the markup is going to be minimal (cover my costs), and as Derek said above he may be able to proxy (although I live closer to you than the junkyard is as the crow flies, I do not live in your actual country, which presents logistics issues).

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                    | Junkyards

Comment

Today, hooked Turbo up with the rear side glass. Good chat, good guy.

| 88 TC | 91 GM
                      | Junkyards

Comment

Working...
                      X