PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel

Town Car appears to be hiding. What, no pics of this Continental rolling coal yet?
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Fastest Box In South Jersey 86VickyLX's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    Town Car appears to be hiding. What, no pics of this Continental rolling coal yet?
    Currently accepting donations of four p215/70/15 tires.
    "Vicky" 1986 Ford LTD Crown Victoria LX ..................................."Blue" 1992 Mercury Grand Marquis LS

Vicky
    Too much stuff to list in my signature...
    Blue
    Mods So Far:
    5.0 HO Swap from 92 Cougar, GT40 Intakes With Remanufactured GT40P Heads, Contour Cooling Fans, Autodimming Mirror With Compass, Frankensteined but fully functional JBL Premium Sound System, Working A/C, Big Front Brake Swap, more mods to come soon!

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

I did actually insure it tonight. I may tag it this week, but with the tires as sketchy as they are the next step is taking it to the nearest place that does tires and having them replaced. I'd prefer to do it when its warm-ish because its a miserable cunt to start when cold. Kicks off fine when plugged in though.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

drink a beer, grow a beard, cut it, grind it, weld it back His Royal Ghostliness's Avatar

Tim's been getting that size of tires wicked cheap online somewhere, even shipped and with local installation he claims he's still money ahead. Last pair I tossed on his car were Goodyears actually, so it's not just off-brand stuff that he can get his hands on.

BTW that car needs an exhaust brake. Behind the muffler of course, so the "jakes" sound confuses the fuck out of people. I'd actually love to do that to my own vehicle cause I really want to quiet the exhaust down under throttle but at the same rate I simply love the roar of the Pacbrake. Unfortunately with the size of muffler and piping I got installing the brake behind the muffler will make it effective only on very long decel applications since due to the huge internal volume it will take about forever to build up enough backpressure to actually start slowing the beast down, which won't do for the way I use this thing (more than the wheel brakes actually). Should work fine for you tho, just need a small air tank and a baby e-compressor.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

"dual" exhaust on this one. Y pipe into two mufflers. I suspect that would make it rather more difficult to do.

Assorted places can get me tires for about 60 bucks each, some are not even unknown brands. Badyear Integrity or Hankook Optimo for the same prices as Westlake and Nokian. I'll take ride over to the local place tomorrow and see what he can get me tires for. Its often been comparable to online pricing. If it ends up close to the same I'll just do that. If I can get out of this with 4 tires on the car for under 300 I'll be satisfied.
    Last edited by gadget73; 02-15-2018 at 11:38 PM.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

drink a beer, grow a beard, cut it, grind it, weld it back His Royal Ghostliness's Avatar

Nokian are Finnish, great tires actually, especially the winter models.

I also prefer to buy local if price difference ain't huge. Over the years I've spent stupid amount of money at NAPA, but time saved more than made up for it.

Yeah with an inverted Y-pipe exhaust brake will need to go before mufflers. Shame, would have been pretty cool.
    The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
    The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

"... how quick this thing doesn't accelerate."

QFT! Great fuel miser though.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 88 MGM (SOLD), 93 Vic, 2000 Crown Vic, 2003 Expedition
    Quote Originally Posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Default 1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel

Nice rig Gadget!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456