PHP Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bootstrap.php(433) : eval()'d code on line 106
1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - Page 18
PotM GrandMarq.NET - Panther Headquarters Forum Index PotM
GMN Chat Room GMN's STORE!! GMN's Gallery Please!!
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: 1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel

I'm an air-conditioned gypsy gadget73's Avatar

82-83 had a different dashboard. Actually looks a bit more like a Town Car.

https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...sissippi-39180

has good pics of an 83. Note the coil spring suspension, they didn't get air until '84. The 82-83 stuff is what is under the Mustang SVO.

86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Quote Originally Posted by phayzer5 View Post
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

82-83 had a different dashboard. Actually looks a bit more like a Town Car.

https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...sissippi-39180

has good pics of an 83. Note the coil spring suspension, they didn't get air until '84. The 82-83 stuff is what is under the Mustang SVO.

5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC SE, triple black (Timewarp) - poly front bushings, KYB struts and shocks, Holley SystemMax1 lower intake, SilverFox AOD valve body,

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Where's the torque? torquelover's Avatar

Yeah definitely an ‘84 as it did have four corner air.

Is this the same BMW derived diesel they put in the Vixen RVs?

yep, all BMW. Legend has it that the Vixen engines were actually surplus Ford ones from when they canned the diesel Lincoln program. I don't know if this is completely true though. The engine is the same BMW or Ford, but the valve cover has different branding, and the accessories are completely different. No idea what the Vixens got, but the engine is the engine.

The trans in the Vixen is different though, apparently its the same unit used on the DeLorean.

yep, all BMW. Legend has it that the Vixen engines were actually surplus Ford ones from when they canned the diesel Lincoln program. I don't know if this is completely true though. The engine is the same BMW or Ford, but the valve cover has different branding, and the accessories are completely different. No idea what the Vixens got, but the engine is the engine.

The trans in the Vixen is different though, apparently its the same unit used on the DeLorean.

Southern

Going to the yard today. Sent you a PM - please get in touch as soon as you can!
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

Southern

I got everything you wanted today.
    -Nick M.
    Columbia, SC

66 Squire, 89 Colony Park, 90 TC, 03 TC, 06 TC, 07 TC (2x)
    03 BMW 540iT, 07 Toyota Tundra SR5 Dbl Cab/5.7 2WD

So awesome you could help out!
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Quote Originally Posted by ootdega View Post
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

rock on, very much appreciated

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718