No announcement yet.

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good parts cars are getting harder to find in some areas. Get as many parts as you can.

Comment

Thats why I grabbed so much. Most of that was stuff I had to undo to get at whatever I wanted, but since it was off I took it too.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

That's quite the haul. Looking to nab all A/C components from an F series truck and complete red interior to redo Ashley's truck some day.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

I'm really surprised you were able to find one in the junkyard at all, where did you go?
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Shorty's King Of Prussia. Got a heads up from my buddy Tim who plays with Mark VII's. I was indeed very happy to get that info, finding these is like hen's teeth. That one was really nice before someone did bad paint work. The factory paint on the roof and hood were still in great shape. It was starting to rust on the passenger side behind the rear tire, but the rest of it was really nice.

More parts installating, no special order but the drip rail, driver's side B pillar trim, driver's front door seal, driver's B pillar exterior light, both tail lights, passenger side headlight bezel, and driver's rear map light are replaced. I also swapped in the cloth arm rests to replace the f'd leather ones. Much of that stuff had to be touched to do the drip rail, and if the salvage part was better than what I had on the car it got swapped. I'm also cleaning as I go, the amount of crud that you find under lenses and trim that haven't been off the car in 30+ years is pretty significant

The drip rail. 2 studs go through the car in the C pillar area, the rest is just self-tapping sheet metal screws into the area above the doors. Kinda hokey if I'm being honest about it. Seals on the studs are two squares of rubbery material, seal along the rest of the roof is a foam strip that the welded seam just pushes into. The foam on the replacement was still in decent shape so I put the rail on as-is after cleaning it.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	0521181821a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	1284042

Name:	0521181821.jpg
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	1284043

Name:	0519182156a.jpg
Size:	70.1 KB
ID:	1284044

Name:	0519182156.jpg
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	1284045.

The tail lights, nasty crazed old ones vs shiny new. Looks a lot brighter when you turn the lights on too, they were always kinda dim.

Name:	0521181903c.jpg
Size:	111.2 KB
ID:	1284046

Name:	0521181903b.jpg
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	1284047

Name:	0521181903a.jpg
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	1284048

Name:	0521181903.jpg
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	1284049
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Buy this. I love mine after getting used to it. Makes screwing more pleasurable.

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DCF680...lt+screwdriver
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

What, no pics of these lenses in place with the lights on? Boo

Comment

Bit hard to get that decently at night. Its just a tail light.

Installed a hood pad today. Its even quieter driving now. Also this was the first drive with all of the door weatherstrip and the new door seal in place. Its pretty impressive how quiet this car is.

Name:	0523181730.jpg
Size:	78.7 KB
ID:	1284050

Comment

That hood pad is ultra plush.
                    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

I got plenty of nice night pics with my TC, love the way it lights up at night. To fanatics like me, there's a noticeable difference between dingy & fresh lenses.

Comment

Just wanted to drop in and leave a few pics I got of the Lincoln at Carlisle this year. Was good seeing you this year, stick around for dinner on sat night next time

2004 Mercury Marauder - Eaton M112, Billetflow 3.4, Accufab SBTB + Plenum, T-56 Magnum, 4.10's, Stainless Works LT's, 2.5" Exhaust, Borla Stingers, FX-R projectors
                        440rwhp & 406rwtq Tuned by Adam @ Revolution Automotive
                        2003 Mercury Marauder - Stainless Works LT's, Stainless Works 2.5" Catback, JLT Intake, Mo's Xcal4 Tune
                        2016 Ford Mustang GT PP - Stock
                        2000 BMW M5 - Evolve tune, UUC SSK, Dinan front STB
                        1996 Ford Bronco - 4" lift, 35" BFG A/T's, Punisher Valve Body, MH1 Projectors
                        1985 BMW 745i - 18" Style 37's, Team745i Chip, Getrag 265/6, Clutchmasters FX-300, UUC Short Throw, Bilstein HD's

Comment

It's a neat car. It's like if a Mercury cougar and Lincoln hooked up in a Denny's parking lot and had a bastard child but the Lincoln never paid child support and that's why it drinks diesel.
                          Chris - A 20th Century Man \m/ ^.^ \m/

Comment

LOL

You guys didn't tell me when/where for dinner so I made my own arrangements.

Comment

Finally got the bumpers apart for some treatment. Why they built the rear bumper this way I don't know. It would have been easy to leave an access hole in this plate, or attach the plate with screws, but no. The reverse lights mount to that plate.

Name:	0606181923a.jpg
Size:	141.3 KB
ID:	1284146

Name:	0606181923.jpg
Size:	142.2 KB
ID:	1284147

Unfortunately now I need to buy a 1/4" rivet gun and some rivets to re-assemble this once I do some rust treatment inside the bumpers.

This is the cowl area. Nothing awful, but its another thing I need to do some work on before it becomes awful. I had to dig into this because the wiper linkage is getting a little sloppy. Same as Mustang parts though, so its easy and cheap to repair. Still waiting on the parts to show up but I'd like to treat and paint down in the hole before I put it back in.

Name:	0605181926c.jpg
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	1284148

Name:	0605181926b.jpg
Size:	103.4 KB
ID:	1284149

Name:	0605181926.jpg
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	1284150

Comment

You need wire wheel treatment for what you have there. I'd definitely recommend a rust converter before top coating. Should clean up fine though
                                ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
                                My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
                                My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
                                But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
                                my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X