No announcement yet.

For Sale- Almost anything box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If a little more explanation/description could be provided on the current state of each vehicle maybe I would be less confused.

Hard to tell what vehicle is being refereed to at times through the posts above.

When "header" is mentioned. Is that a header panel, or an exhaust manifold? Just not quite sure what is actually offered with each respective vehicle at the moment.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

The 88 is the Arizona wagon. Rust-free car with seized engine (didn't matter cause Mustang drivetrain swap). 100% stock AFAIK, no mods whatsoever. That's the one that has the cracked header panel (comes with a spare IIRC).

The '89 was the original wagon Jay had. That's the one with the big brakes up front, disc rear with limited-slip, custom exhaust, custom interior, and ABS install mostly done. Doors and front fenders and hood and header panel were removed for stripping the vinyl off in preparation for new vinyl (that is, NOS Ford vinyl, not aftermarket bullshit). There was also some painting done to them, edging IIRC. Right rear quarter panel got cut off, an entire rust-free quarter panel was supposed to go in its place (and is available). Engine is gone, again cause 2012 Mustang drivetrain swap.

There are 3 sets of wheels - beautiful turbines on the '88, and the '89 has a set of HPPs with Eagle RSAs and a set of '96-'97 16" Towncar wheels with GoodYear and Dunlop dedicated winter tires on them. The Townie wheels can also be used on a Mk7 as oddly enough they do not stick out very far, must be cause of the 215 winter tires as opposed to the standard 225s.
      The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.
      The ones who accomplish nothing, are the wise who know when to quit.

Comment

Yes the Arizona 88 is an LS with a 3.08? posi rear.
        03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
        02 SL500 Silver Arrow
        08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
        12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

If there is a loose 8.8 traction lock somewhere in the mix I'd be interested for the Continental. Don't open up a rear for one though.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

There is one, but there isn't. I was wanting to buy it off Jay to use on a different project, but the thing ended up warped somehow, ring gear wobbled - not enough to see it with the naked eye, but the dial indicator showed it pretty clear. With factory loose-set gears it was not an issue, the way I set them tho would have been a big problem at higher speed. You have a lathe tho, so you may be able to fix that...
            The ones who accomplish true greatness, are the foolish who keep pressing onward.

Comment

I guess that was the one from the original rear that was swaped out for the rebuilt unit?
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Yeah I think so. The specs on the backlash is 11-16 thou, I shoot for 12-13 with new bearings so they have space to loosen up as they wear in and still be in spec. With such numbers 1-2 thou wobble can push things on the tight end of the specs, personally I don't like that much even tho Dana axles run even tighter tolerances (especially the 3/4-ton and larger truck stuff). Wasn't gonna chance it, that's for sure.
                Last edited by His Royal Ghostliness; 12-13-2017, 02:21 AM.

Comment

probably not impossible to true that up but that might be close to the limits of what I can get into my machine. If the carrier part won't clear the carriage there is no way to get a tool in there to true up the flange. Its 10" swing but over the carriage is closer to 6"
                  5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Ok,

Semi-Custom leather seats. With heaters installed, both power bases.

Anybody?
                    02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

They are very nice seats. Most certainly a nice upgrade from typical tired leather interior.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130621_0908081.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	1282894
                        02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130621_0908081.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	1282894
                          up
                          Should mention there is also a new aftermarket steel front bumper.

The fuel tank is new, had it powdercoated before installation, with a complete new pump & hanger set.
                          02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Working...
                          X