Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No horn

Ok folks!!!
    Horn on my 91 Vic doesn't work. Did all the regular checking fuse, horn itself by running straight wire from the battery to them. They worked that way but will not when I press the buttons. Wires look good as well. Is there a relay some where else that I'm not seeing?? Thanks for any help
    91 w/ 5.0 with eibach springs for a SS Impala ,hd police shocks on front w/big brake uprade,rear shocks for F-150 HD. Dual s w/ glass packs, 15X8 A/R Wheels 5% Tint on rear.http://www.supermotors.org/vehicles/...l.php?id=11699sigpic

Does your cruise control work? May be something wiring related going the column or wheel.

My Cars:
    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

horn relay lives on the driver's side, near the wash bottle mounted to the inner fender. Unless they moved it anyway.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
        horn relay lives on the driver's side, near the wash bottle mounted to the inner fender. Unless they moved it anyway.
        It was moved, passenger side for a '91 and iirc one of the blower motor bolts hold it in place. One of my '91s had intermittent horn so I swapped the relays between both of my '91s and the problem followed the relay. Oddly enough I could hear the relay doing its thing when I hit the horn button, so my best bet in my case would be dirty contact on the leg going to the horn. I haven't bothered with it since I just started driving the car I swapped that relay into. Though it did work 1 out of a few button hits the other day (better than when that relay was in the other car) so again dirty contact seems make sense in my case.
        I also only had one of the two notes working on one of the cars but swapped in whale horns I cleaned up from the JY and have both notes again.
        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

'91's are so f'n weird. It was like the engineering department decided to randomly move things around for one production year just for the hell of it.
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

LOL
            '90s should be the same, although I've never had a '90.
            Since 2000 when I first started driving I've had '87, '88, '89, '91, '91. I managed to skip '90. All the weirdness of the '91s has grown on me.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Honestly things make a lot more sense on 90/91's IMO. They also use a lot nicer plugs than the older harnesses use.
              2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
              2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
              2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
              1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

heresey. Whats not to love about brittle plugs that have absolutely no moisture protection?

Comment

Something strange on mine, the horn wont work if the wheel is tilted all the way up.
                  I would start by checking for voltage and ground at the horn connector, then the same at the relay.

document.pdf

85 LTC, Dark Canyon Red?/ 3.55 open/ HPP Wheels/ 4 Tone Horns/ ***POTM 5/2017*** SOLD
                  06 LTC, Silver Birtch, Fully Loaded [ The Daily ] ***POTM 4/2018
                  97 Mountaineer, 5.0 H.O. , 135k, Now with functioning window

89 LTC , Lowered, Straight Piped, (SOLD) 88 LTC (SOLD) Rough and Dirty, 2000 MGM, 2002 MGM, 96 MGM, 2005 MGM LSE (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
                  X