WTB, Towncar or Fox Conti nental keyless entry pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTB, Towncar or Fox Conti nental keyless entry pad

Looking for 80s Townie or Conti keypad. It goes into the dew wipe trim on the driver's door. Same part on both vehicles as far as I can tell. Should be able to use 80-89 Towncar or 82-87 Continental. I'll take the whole trim piece if thats easier for you, but the keypad is held in with two spring clips that pry right out. Needs to look halfass presentable, so somewhat legible numbers, not cracked and split open, and the buttons need to feel like they work. Understand if its not able to be tested but if the buttons don't even seem to click when pushed I probably can't do anything with it.

for the yard shoppers, both Continental and Towncar door dew wipe trim pieces come out fairly easy. There is an acorn nut at the rear edge of the door on both, and a phillips head up in the smoker window area. Remove both, pry straight up on the trim to pop it up out of the door. Same method on both cars. The cable fishes down and around under the glass mechanism and should plug into the rest of the car harness near where the window motor and all the other stuff plugs in.
    86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
    5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
    I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

didnt we buy a few nos ones yrs back?
    hopefully one can be located

1986 lincoln towncar signature series. 5.0 HO with thumper performance ported e7 heads, 1.7 roller rockers, warm air intake, 65mm throttle body, 1/2" intake spacer, ported intakes, 3.73 rear with trac lock, 98-02 front brake conversion, 92-97 rear disc conversion, 1" rear swaybar, 1 3/16" front swaybar, 16" wheels and tires, loud ass stereo system, badass cb, best time to date 15.94 at 87 mph. lots of mods in the works 221.8 rwhp 278 rwt
    2006 Lincoln Town Car Signature. Stock for now
    1989 Ford F-250 4x4 much much more to come, sefi converted so far.
    1986 Toyota pickup with LSC wheels and 225/60/16 tires.
    2008 Hyundai Elantra future Revcon toad
    1987 TriBurner and 1986 Alaska stokers keeping me warm. (and some pesky oil heat)

please be patient, rebuilding an empire!

Comment

Someone may have, but it weren't me. The one used one I had was too used. I have a decent one in the Towncar but I don't really want to steal it and leave open holes. I would consider a nice dew wipe trim for the Towncar with no keypad.

Not exactly a critical item, just something I'd like to have working.
      86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
      5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
      I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
      X