Interchange Body Parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interchange Body Parts

Anyone know which body parts will interchange from 4-dr and 2-dr box cars from 1979-1987.
    Thanks in advance.

Assuming this is for your Grand Marquis, everything in front of the doors and behind the C pillar.
    '89 Grand Marquis "Ebyt", '85 Grand Marquis "Eva", '94 Caprice "Kira"
    '84 Town Car "Stacy", '79 New Yorker “Anita", '93 Town Car "Kelly"
    '80 Mark VI "Allie", '94 Grand Marquis coming June, '79 LTD-S "Oksana"

Comment

window motors and vent windows should be the same as well.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Great news, now I can look for 4-dr cars in Arizona and NM, how about the trunk lid?
        Originally posted by Hearsesrock427 View Post
        Assuming this is for your Grand Marquis, everything in front of the doors and behind the C pillar.

Comment

Same on both. basically the area between the front door hinge and the front edge of the back wheel is all thats different. Forward and rearward of those points the cars are identical.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
            Great news, now I can look for 4-dr cars in Arizona and NM, how about the trunk lid?
            That's behind the c-pillars right?

Should be the same, just look for the same tail-lights. Not sure if the early years match the mid years, but they might.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Arizona?
              I came across a 2 door CV for $500 in AZ on CL. The ad say's it needs nothing... I would say that depends on how you intend to use it. Although it sounds like it would be able to make a trip across the country under its own power. It looks like the trunk lid is not included but that wouldn't work for a MGM anyway.
              https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/c...442520211.html

A non-running 4 door MGM for $550: https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/c...442520211.html
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

VCV: Both links are the same.

That tudor looks like it was used as a work truck.

Comment

Oops, here is the non-running (maybe just non-starting) $550 4 door MGM:
                  https://tucson.craigslist.org/cto/d/...412906517.html
                  Trunk lid looks usable on that one, but the rust at the bottom of the driver side C pillar makes me think there could be more rust hiding where the pics don't show. Still cleaner than a northern car though.
                  Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                  ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                  ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                  ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Working...
                  X