Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is on drugs.............

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-Mercur...xaRRG2&vxp=mtr

What's the deal with 2drs and the Cali Lean (rear squat/lifted front)? Seems to be more prominent on them...I'm not just looking at the wheel wells, I'm looking at the rocker moulding compared to the centre caps.

That price is...uh...optimistic. If people are paying these prices I'm curious to know demographic data. Age, location, hobbyist/collector/insurance buying a replacement/etc.

Current driver: Ranger
    Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
    | 88 TC | 91 GM
    Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
    Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
    | Junkyards

Comment

sagging springs from all the subs in the trunk.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
      rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
      Originally posted by gadget73
      ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
      Originally posted by dmccaig
      Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

He basically has no description for the sale. If he wants that kind of money, at least sell it! Terrible pictures too. I've sold bicycles with a better description.
        -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Seems every time I put detailed information in there I get less interest than if I had an incomplete sentence or a few bullet points. The interested parties that did contact me using the detailed ad would usually ask me questions that were answered in the ad anyway. These people can't read yet somehow have money to purchase stuff. I'm really working on not asking those types of questions or wondering about those things.
          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Derek, sometimes those already answered questions are asked to guage your response and see if it is someone you are going to entrust sending money to. Back when I was buying stuff worth a bit more than a few bucks on ebay, I'd always ask the seller a question, one which I could plainly see the answer to in the picture, or similar to something already answered to 1.See if the story changed 2.Their demeanor 3.If they bothered answering.

Alex.

Comment

Gotta be careful with that. It turns people off of communicating with you...a lot.

When I listed my 97 for sale I was short, to the point, but described certain details (such as that both bumper reinforcements were aluminum and no good for a derby car). A handful of people emailed asking if the bumper reinforcements were steel. I just outright deleted their emails and have absolutely no patience for that kind of response.

Current driver: Ranger
              Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
              | 88 TC | 91 GM
              Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
              Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
              | Junkyards

Comment

+1 I get stupid short with people that ask me questions plainly stated in the ADHD short descriptions. Ask me other questions first and then "verify" those points and I'll be patient.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                Originally posted by gadget73
                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                Originally posted by dmccaig
                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                  These people can't read yet somehow have money to purchase stuff.
                  It's a wonder they can hold a job.
                  '79 Continental Town Car
                  '90 Crown Victoria LTD
                  '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                    They figured out the system. Never learn to read, yet graduate from high school by doing no work, then get a check from our government each month! Ticks me off to see people getting free food, free housing, and free bikes for their kids. Then they put it all in the back of a 2015ish Honda Pilot or GMC Acadia. My brother in law’s wife is quitting work as a teacher because it they make/keep more money by her not working; he’s a police officer. Seriously going to run my taxes through this year without the wife’s income to see what we’d qualify for and how much less tax we’d pay. 50% of people get a free lunch, I’m finally ready to say me too! /rant
                    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                    Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Hey c'mon guys, it's an antique! Fucking priceless work of art there. They only made like 10 of them. It's the last year. My grandma died in it. The color is rare. Only certain rats have pooped in it. The oil in the motor was hand-pumped from the ground and refined into a special grade of 7w35 for optimal performance in the ultra-rare 1986 engine, that makes 166 horsepower unlike all the other lame cars you've seen before. Sorry, had a weird day and went off on a thing there...

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                        Derek, sometimes those already answered questions are asked to guage your response and see if it is someone you are going to entrust sending money to. Back when I was buying stuff worth a bit more than a few bucks on ebay, I'd always ask the seller a question, one which I could plainly see the answer to in the picture, or similar to something already answered to 1.See if the story changed 2.Their demeanor 3.If they bothered answering.

Alex.
                        Now that's a fair point. I'm very critical of the first minute of conversation, their demeanor, their accent, their lingo... The guy that bought my Fury for example, he ended up being the type of person I wanted the car to go to. Formed complete sentences, asked questions that weren't in the ad (Or no longer were for reasons stated before) and then when he asked about the stuff stated in the ad, I could tell he already read them and it was as you said, to reverify.

Originally posted by kishy View Post
                        Gotta be careful with that. It turns people off of communicating with you...a lot.

When I listed my 97 for sale I was short, to the point, but described certain details (such as that both bumper reinforcements were aluminum and no good for a derby car). A handful of people emailed asking if the bumper reinforcements were steel. I just outright deleted their emails and have absolutely no patience for that kind of response.
                        Nah, I've wasted enough time by giving people like that the benefit of the doubt. Selling my Fury was the last straw, it's time I listened to my gut & instincts. They're always some form of grubby, cigarette smoke cloud smelly, wheelin' & dealin', "I'll have $500 for you today and the rest in a money order..", or "Oh, you've got it listed for $2,500? How does $1,600 sound? Here's a pic of all this oily, wrinkly money in an envelope..." or "I'll call you next week, will you hold it? [never calls back]" So yeah, now I won't bother responding to texts or if they subtly tried to insult me in conversation I will block their number. With the Fury, some of these people when left unblocked behaved like internet trolls, butt hurt that I didn't accept their offer, like it was the only one and I HAD to deal with them. So it took me about 3 months to sell the damn thing but in the end, it was gone and I even got asking price. There were times I thought I was going to have to let it go, I even contemplated lighting it on fire

Originally posted by sly View Post
                        +1 I get stupid short with people that ask me questions plainly stated in the ADHD short descriptions. Ask me other questions first and then "verify" those points and I'll be patient.

Originally posted by 79lincolnlover View Post
                        Originally posted by Tiggie View Post
                        They figured out the system. Never learn to read, yet graduate from high school by doing no work, then get a check from our government each month! Ticks me off to see people getting free food, free housing, and free bikes for their kids. Then they put it all in the back of a 2015ish Honda Pilot or GMC Acadia. My brother in law’s wife is quitting work as a teacher because it they make/keep more money by her not working; he’s a police officer. Seriously going to run my taxes through this year without the wife’s income to see what we’d qualify for and how much less tax we’d pay. 50% of people get a free lunch, I’m finally ready to say me too! /rant
                        Yep, I see this kind of crap all the time. I even knew a person like this through an ex of mine. She essentially thought the rest of us were dumb for not taking advantage of loop holes and the system, yet failed to realize without "us mules" she wouldn't have anything to take advantage of. Then to top it all off, she reproduced. Of course the father was nothing more than a sperm donor but that's not the point, right? She gets to play "Dress up" & "look how cute my kid is" and "pity me because his father is a dead beat" with social media while we foot the bill. One of the reasons I hardly use Facebook. I only log on when I'm either tagged or someone posts something to my page. Newsfeed is typically cringe worthy for me. "I stay away" - Alice in Chains

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                        Hey c'mon guys, it's an antique! Fucking priceless work of art there. They only made like 10 of them. It's the last year. My grandma died in it. The color is rare. Only certain rats have pooped in it. The oil in the motor was hand-pumped from the ground and refined into a special grade of 7w35 for optimal performance in the ultra-rare 1986 engine, that makes 166 horsepower unlike all the other lame cars you've seen before. Sorry, had a weird day and went off on a thing there...
                        Hahahaha

You forgot to say "It has the Mustang motor in it!"
                        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Working...
                        X