• Show
Clear All

Craigslist Sacramento HEARSE!

I want it but too far away!

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/6439883529.html
    89 Colony Park
    90 Colony Park
    70 HEMI Daytona Convertible

[Ball]Sacramento.. I believe that's the hometown of the band Cake. They're great.

As for the car, it really just looks like a wagon with a full vinyl roof, limo tint and the hearse applique on the rear windows. Wonder if it's actually got the floors which are no use for the living.
    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Interesting.

Comment

Have it shipped by UShip. You might get a decent deal.

Comment

Was curious about how/if the rear was mod'd with casket rollers. so I asked the seller if he had photos of the inside. I don't understand what the point of a 'hearse' that doesn't haul caskets but he said its a 'removal car'

Weird.

Comment

Removal vehicle seems to refer to the vehicle that can be used as the family car (multiple passengers) or equipment/casket car. At least that's what I can find with a quick google search.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
            rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
            Originally posted by gadget73
            ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
            Originally posted by dmccaig
            Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Removal vehicle is what they use to pickup a person who died and take them to the mortician. No casket yet.
              03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
              02 SL500 Silver Arrow
              08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
              12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Yikes, that’s worse!

Comment

Also known as a "first call" car. They put a body in a body bag and toss it in the back. WagonMan
                  89 Colony Park
                  90 Colony Park

Comment

Since it isn’t fully setup like a hearse, it wouldn’t be too hard to use it for regular wagon use, given it’s definitely a base model given the interior appointments. I’m guessing the trim on the back windows could be removed and the tint modified.

If it did first call services, that would explain the heavy tint on the glass for the cargo area.

My Cars:
                    -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                    -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                    -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                    -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Guess my wife was right when she said she was scared I was going to cut her up and store her under floor of the 88 when we first started dating.
                      Just throw the corpse in the back... I’d Imagine they’d roll around back there.
                      1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
                      1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
                      Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
                      Box Panther Production Numbers

Comment

Ah... that makes more sense.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                        Originally posted by gadget73
                        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                        Originally posted by dmccaig
                        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I wonder if the mother in law seats are in the back of that wagon. LOL!
                          89 Colony Park
                          90 Colony Park

Comment

I would bet $0.25 it did not come with them. That is a nice grey color. Always thought it was the best color for a steel side. No roof rack.
                            Could be added right on top of the vinyl.
                            03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow
                            08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
                            12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Originally posted by WagonMan View Post
                              Also known as a "first call" car. They put a body in a body bag and toss it in the back. WagonMan
                              Just hope the body bags did not leak all over the car. Removing bodies is nasty work.

Comment

Working...
                              X