Comment

That one is sick.
      ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
      My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
      My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
      But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
      my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

Originally posted by tikitiki65 View Post
        This one's set up for the caskets

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/lg...475810897.html

and it has the early bumper and fender vents
        Haha i live in whittier! May have to try and check this thing out.

Comment

The CP tail lights look really weird without the chrome trim to frame them out.

Saved the rest of the images for when the ad gets deleted.

Comment

Oh, so THAT'S what everyone's talking about with the hackjob bodywork Ford did to the Mercury wagons. You can see the outline of where the Ford tail light goes...

In most ways I prefer the Mercury boxes over the Ford ones, but for wagons, the Ford looks better from behind (IMHO).

Also, I'd daily drive that.

Current driver: Ranger
            Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
            | 88 TC | 91 GM
            Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
            Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
            | Junkyards

Comment

It'd be GREAT for picking up sheets of plywood.

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
                Oh, so THAT'S what everyone's talking about with the hackjob bodywork Ford did to the Mercury wagons. You can see the outline of where the Ford tail light goes...

In most ways I prefer the Mercury boxes over the Ford ones, but for wagons, the Ford looks better from behind (IMHO).

Also, I'd daily drive that.
                I am of the same opinion, prefer the Ford wagon rear over the Mercury.
                I've also never seen that detail of the Ford tail light cutout on the Mercurys, but I knew it was there from what everyone else has said. Hilarious now that I see it.
                Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

The CP I saw at the junk yard with removed grain and trim had the same line.

Comment

Hmm, how much work to make the Country Squire tails fit in the Colony Park? Cut out the line, fill in the corner, and paint? Because I have a pair. Well, I'll probably have a spare Colony Park set with the wagon shell for parts, so probably won't happen.
                    Slicktop '91 GS HO 4.30 rear. '82 Mark VI Tudor HO, '90 F-150 XLT, '62 project Heep, '89 Arizona Waggin' and '88 donor in PA, getting combined.

Comment

Originally posted by VicCrownVic View Post
                      I am of the same opinion, prefer the Ford wagon rear over the Mercury.
                      I've also never seen that detail of the Ford tail light cutout on the Mercurys, but I knew it was there from what everyone else has said. Hilarious now that I see it.
                      My ‘87 has the same lines since it doesn’t have any wood grain. The trim helps hide some of it. I figure the best way to eliminate that would to have someone put on a little body filler and paint the area.

My Cars:
                      -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                      -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                      -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                      -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Working...
                      X