Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

barn find.........such a deal and the price........so amazingly affordable:-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn the more i look at it the more i wish i had a bunch of money lying around looking for a use. As it stands, gotta save to get the fuck out of here but would totally buy this car if it was local and i could spare the dough. It has everything!

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Mercur....c100010.m2109
      Would you buy this high mileage rent-a-car????

Comment

Originally posted by Toploader View Post
        https://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-Mercur....c100010.m2109
        Would you buy this high mileage rent-a-car????
        2G alt. No bulb on the hood light. Only passenger side exterior shots. Other than that, it looks great and well maintained. The Jasper rebuilt engine may or may not be a strike against it depending on what you think about Jasper engines.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
        rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
        Originally posted by gadget73
        ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
        Originally posted by dmccaig
        Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

it looks great and well maintained
          Thanks for the compliment. It has been garaged its entire life. It was only a rental for the 1st year of its life and for 14K miles, after that it was transferred to the dealer where my father purchased it in '91. The engine has been running fine, no issues other than the PCV re-route that Jasper recommended as a fix from oil fouling the #4 and #8 cylinders discussed here: Click image for larger version

Name:	Jasper Engines PCV reroute.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	1282874

Matt
          Last edited by MattDoscher; 01-11-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Hmm... I didn't think of this before, wouldn't an M75 VIN be an LS?
            My GS in an M74 and my LS is an M75. If M75 is indeed an LS, then the ad in the first post of this thread would be for an LS not a GS.

That would also mean the ad posted today in post 17 would be an LS, which the ad says it is. It's a rather low optioned LS though. No ditch lights, steel wheels with hubcaps that I assume are a lower end option (I don't actually know so could be wrong), no power antenna, no premium sound, manual heat/ac controls, and according to the seller's description it only has power driver's seat.

As for the prices, I can only speculate what I might do given hypothetical monetary circumstances.
            I might go for the '91 for $2k or maybe $2500. For the '90... I'm too cheap to even imagine what I might offer for that, but I can't see myself ever spending $8k on a box panther unless I had more money than I knew what to do with.

Edit: Oh, the seller of the '91 is a member here. We don't have to wonder what options it has, we can ask. By the way, I am in no position to by any car, not even another sub $1K DD.
            Last edited by VicCrownVic; 01-11-2018, 11:11 PM.
            Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
            ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
            ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
            ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Originally posted by MattDoscher View Post
              Thanks for the compliment. It has been garaged its entire life. It was only a rental for the 1st year of its life and for 14K miles, after that it was transferred to the dealer where my father purchased it in '91. The engine has been running fine, no issues other than the PCV re-route that Jasper recommended as a fix from oil fouling the #4 and #8 cylinders discussed here: [ATTACH=CONFIG]49062[/ATTACH]

Matt
              I remember when you posted about this re-route, I really ought to read through the attachment and perform this re-route on the summer DD.
              Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
              ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
              ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
              ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Oddly enough, the 88 I had never fouled plugs.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                  Oddly enough, the 88 I had never fouled plugs.
                  So is that the reason why when i change spark pulgs there oil on them and sometimes in the tb or tb intake tube

Comment

yup

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
                      yup
                      I need to find the link of this and read up on it i dought it but maybe that would help with the oil leak too

Comment

Replacing the gaskets fixes oil leaks. I ended up biting the cash bullet and had a shop do that. my 88 didn't leak any more when I sold it.

Comment

Working...
                        X