Brass TV Bushing Applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brass TV Bushing Applications

Anyone know of any applications of the brass TV bushing? Need one for the 90 and would like a find a couple spares next time I go parts hunting...

Additionally, if anyone has one they’d like to part with at a fair price, send me a PM. The 90 was still wearing the factory plastic which turned to dust when I touched it.
    1990 Country Squire - weekend cruiser, next project
    1988 Crown Vic LTD Wagon - waiting in the wings

GMN Box Panther History
    Box Panther Horsepower and Torque Ratings
    Box Panther Production Numbers

I don't think there were any stock applications... except maybe 90s mustangs... but it was a common replacement part... so anything with an EFI 5.0 and mechanical transmission might have one.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
    rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
    Originally posted by gadget73
    ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
    Originally posted by dmccaig
    Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

I know the part number is 1993 TBird. Mid 90’s anything car and earlier are drying up around here. Lots of trucks/SUV’s though.

Did the trucks use a similar setup or was it just a car thing?

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

I want to say the trucks used something like an 86 instead of the bushing.

Honestly with the prices like they are I'd pick up a pack of the steel ones on ebay for spares. Brass are getting stupid in price and hard to find. Its a bushing, there is no magic other than it has to be the right size.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Much better results in eBay than just putting in the part number. Going to order a few for safe keeping and one to use.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Pretty sure i got 4 on ebay for like 10-12 bucks. If i knew where the hell they where i'd just send you one. Probably take me longer to find them than for you to receive one from ebay, lol.

Comment

I gave some consideration to making them myself but when you can buy them for that price, it would never be worth the effort. If I needed one for myself urgently I'd probably still just make one out of whatever material was handy.

I should measure one up sometime and see if its just a common bushing from an industrial supply house.
              86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
              5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
              I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Dad came through with the win, said he had two more too. He and mom are both borderline organized hoarders. Paid off in this case.

GMN Box Panther History

Comment

Originally posted by gadget73 View Post
                  I want to say the trucks used something like an 86 instead of the bushing.
                  This is correct, but I'm not sure if there's an adjustment at the TB on the 86 Panther setup whereas the cable is adjustable (where the sleeve meets the bracket, rather than where the cable links to the throttle).

I have probably 5 spare metal TV bushings hanging around out of some irrational terror I'd somehow lose them all. Thing is, the original design part works better (in my reasonably well-founded opinion) on the CFI and carb cars, which outnumber SEFI 3 to 1 in my driveway.

Current driver: Ranger
                  Panthers: 83 GM 2dr | 84 TC | 85 CS
                  | 88 TC | 91 GM
                  Not Panthers: 85 Ranger | Ranger trailer | 91 Acclaim | 05 Focus
                  Gone: 97 CV | 83 TC | 04 Focus | 86 GM
                  | Junkyards

Comment

Originally posted by kishy View Post
                    This is correct, but I'm not sure if there's an adjustment at the TB on the 86 Panther setup whereas the cable is adjustable (where the sleeve meets the bracket, rather than where the cable links to the throttle).

I have probably 5 spare metal TV bushings hanging around out of some irrational terror I'd somehow lose them all. Thing is, the original design part works better (in my reasonably well-founded opinion) on the CFI and carb cars, which outnumber SEFI 3 to 1 in my driveway.
                    Haha i have a similar thing going. Bought a bunch of them, put one on the car. Car got wrecked, pulled it off and saved it. Bought another car, it already had brass one on it. Think i have 5 or more of them now...somewhere. Just means i need more panthers.

Comment

Working...
                    X