No announcement yet.

1989 Crown Victoria Police Package Brochure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think its failry obvious, era specific. Need to also read the last scentence of that particular message. =-)

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
      You ever think about uploading to Oldcarbrochures.com?
      I think I found where I originally saved this photo set from;
      http://oldcarbrochures.com/static/NA...re/index1.html

If you go through the Ford section, somebody who likes panthers contributed. Everything from about 1979 has some sort of panther content.

Alex.
      Last edited by GM_Guy; 01-26-2018, 06:02 PM.

Comment

You did say "..90's GM ABS.." Alex, so by all intents and purposes a '94 Grand Am is a contender :P

I noticed that about the Fords.. The panther literature is pretty complete compared to other stuff I've tried to look up.
        1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
        1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Front drive cars are not even a blip on my radar. =-)

Comment

The brochure seems to make it seem that the police 351's were something different. "special valves and valve springs" what does that mean.... "high speed cam", did they get a better cam (im looking for stock PI HO cam specs...for my 82. Was it all marketing gimmick or did they put in some better stuff. hmmm
            -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
              Gotta set yourself into the time period. The only ford "performance" came wrapped in a mustang.

Time for unpopular opinion: Chevy always blew the doors off Fords, same for suspension. Fords always been about get there eventually and be comfortable while doing it being of more concern to them than acceleration. Hell, that translates right to the end of panther production and even what the production Marauder was compared to the protype Marauder. And of course, ford spewed the prototype Marauder capabilities. No, ford had to be typical ford and got scared by a throaty exhaust, a suspension that was a bit firmer, and some horsepower closer to the edge, and of course, what their marketing department viewed as potential buyers.
              The Bud Lindeman car reviews is another good place to see the general ford design mentality vs general motors when it comes to things like suspensions and brakes. Ford did just enough, but never dared toe that edge with a true mass production car. Today, yeah, I think they have learned a bit of a lesson over time for general performance capabilities off the showroom floor.

Alex.
              That was the very reason why my Uncle loved the P72s in his detective days. He could have the car running in 90*+ heat all day and be able to drive away or take off any time he wanted without issues. He hated the Caprices because although they had a bit more power (noticeable over the CV), they handled like crap and were not comfortable to sit in for long periods of time.

Comment

Originally posted by GM_Guy View Post
                90's GM ABS, what an abortion. Best abs was removed fuse abs. Having a wheel on a painted line, manhole cover would set off the abs and with that all your slowing power went away. Gotta give Ford the edge in quicklier dialing abs performance.
                Did GM develop their own ABS system, or were they using someone else? Ford was using ATE ABS systems. The Germans, they make good stuff.
                86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
                5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
                I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Working...
                X