S/C EFI 351 parts.. Just a feeler post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S/C EFI 351 parts.. Just a feeler post

Trying to compile my parts list for the s/c 351 build. Currently trying to source a lightning lower and an m112 s/c. Almost any condition is acceptable due to cost. Its a restomod project. So im not too worried.

Looking to get an idea of how much the parts are gonna cost me so I can start shopping.
    Last edited by marquis_82_withneons; 01-25-2018, 12:14 PM.
    Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
    Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
    Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Does the M112 have to come from a lightning? There is a stock Eaton 03/04 Cobra M112 for sale near me for $200. Guy has a ton of stock 03/04 Cobra parts actually from build part out.
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

i shouldve been more specific, my bad.. any m112 will do for me cause im going to fab my own inlet/outlet. but the lightning lower i need is from the 351 lightnings.

a stock cobra one nearby you say? that $200 range was exactly what i had in mind.
      Last edited by marquis_82_withneons; 01-25-2018, 06:27 PM.
      Charlette - Brown 1977 Ford LTD - 351 Windsor 155K, Full Custom Pioneer system, green HID, interior & underbody
      Alesha - Black 1982 Mercury Marquis - 255ci 178K, full custom Kenwood and Infinity system, lowered, dual exhaust, LED all the things
      Tangerine Dream - Orange 1988 F-150 Custom - 300 i6 82k, Ghetto sound system, 5spd, 2WD, #farmtruck

Comment

A lighting lower will run you ~$400 if you shop around. Unless you settle for an iron marine one.
        2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
        2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
        2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
        1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Originally posted by marquis_82_withneons View Post
          i shouldve been more specific, my bad.. any m112 will do for me cause im going to fab my own inlet/outlet. but the lightning lower i need is from the 351 lightnings.

a stock cobra one nearby you say? that $200 range was exactly what i had in mind.
          Yep, I just searched on STL Craigslist for "M112". Here is the link--> https://stlouis.craigslist.org/pts/d...469107364.html
          These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

For the record, the m112 WAS the cobra blower, the supercharged mod-motor lightnings and HD f-150's used the m122, which is also a turd. Why not use a centrifugal supercharger? They are much more efficient, would be easier to intercool, and the bracketry is available. Not sure what your endgame plan is with an eaton on a 351 but sounds like a packaging nightmare. Eatons are fucking huge. If you'd caught me a year ago i would've sold you the one i had sitting around.

Also, not sure if or why you're married to the gt40-style lower but here's an alternative. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...daMW0a&vxp=mtr

Comment

My biggest issue is fanacial tbh, but thats the fun in it for me. If I cant afford it im going to build it. I have a 351 that I planned a mild build on. Then I thpught. Hey why not boost it, then it evolved to efi for tunability over carb. Sure I can buy stuff that fits but I like back yard builds (done right mind you)

Plus ill have the only s/c 351 5spd slicktop boxmerc.. Thats gotta count for something haha

Comment

I thought of lightning for the factory parts aspect but it doesnt really matter honestly. The marine one ive heard about will easily suit my needs. I dont care about weight

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                  Also, not sure if or why you're married to the gt40-style lower but here's an alternative. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-Mustan...daMW0a&vxp=mtr
                  any idea if the upper and lower combo are garbage?
                  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-5-8L-3...JaA4os&vxp=mtr

Comment

Basically it's just a copy of the Edelbrock performer RPM, which is a good intake. I have the exact same one, just for the 302 instead of the 351. Looks good, seals fine, and flows a jillion times better than stock crap. On the upper end it'll flow better than a gt40/explorer manifold. Keep your eyes open on the used market and you can snag one up cheap. Got mine on craigslist for $140 and the guy was local. Also keep your eye on Corral.net. Lots of stuff on there. If you're not picky about cam selection i have a couple spare hydraulic roller cams for 5.0's that'll also work in the 351. One is a Holley Systemax cam and the other is a Lunati that came out of my 347. I'll have to dig up the specs on them.

Comment

my current thought is either grabbing that lower you listed, or a marine one. and then picking up an explorer upper which i have easy access to at a local yard.

heard good things about lunati. let me know the specs on that and if it would even come close to working with my application.

Comment

Bear in mind that the typhoon lower will only work with theirs or an edelbrock upper, but it flows a shitload better than factory crap, even the exploder unless it's been ported. Far as cams go, the systemax is easy to find info on, but i'll have to dig a bit on that lunati. Will let you know soon, but both are available. May also have some 1.7 3/8-stud rockers available shortly. If you have pedestal-mount heads, i have some for that too, lol. Lots of parts laying around i don't need.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead0202 View Post
                          Bear in mind that the typhoon lower will only work with theirs or an edelbrock upper, but it flows a shitload better than factory crap, even the exploder unless it's been ported. Far as cams go, the systemax is easy to find info on, but i'll have to dig a bit on that lunati. Will let you know soon, but both are available. May also have some 1.7 3/8-stud rockers available shortly. If you have pedestal-mount heads, i have some for that too, lol. Lots of parts laying around i don't need.
                          i was afraid of that... i figured i would have to e looking at the upper lower combo. while im sure its agreat affordable price, its out of my range for now. so if a get a stroke of luck on a lower then ill probably be rocking an explorer upper

just an fyi, i know absolutely nothing about the differences in cams and rockers pushrods and so forth. not a clue where to begin to get the right parts for my build .

Comment

Working...
                          X