X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PS, I'll try to get these on their way tonight
    Attached Files
    Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
    sigpic
    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

That's the frustrating this with Ford parts. There is a 'Service number' (whats on the package) and a 'Engineering Number' whats on the part itself.

The first 2 digits at the beginning of the number are the year, starting with A = 1940 (B = 1950, etc) the second digit is the specific year. Since these grills are for bumpers only made in '79 and '80 the first 2 digits would either be D9 or E0

87gtvic, I am curious why you think the first part of the part numbers are not correct for your bumper...
      I'd imagine the 3rd and 4th digits would either be AZ or AB, and I'd put money on AZ being on the box and AB being on the part.

Comment

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
        PS, I'll try to get these on their way tonight
        Hell yeah!

Originally posted by Birdofprey View Post
        That's the frustrating this with Ford parts. There is a 'Service number' (whats on the package) and a 'Engineering Number' whats on the part itself.

The first 2 digits at the beginning of the number are the year, starting with A = 1940 (B = 1950, etc) the second digit is the specific year. Since these grills are for bumpers only made in '79 and '80 the first 2 digits would either be D9 or E0

87gtvic, I am curious why you think the first part of the part numbers are not correct for your bumper...
        I'd imagine the 3rd and 4th digits would either be AZ or AB, and I'd put money on AZ being on the box and AB being on the part.
        This be part of the reason. https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1979-FOR...UAAOSwxp9W6ezB

This is not the same part!

May go back to what Pete was saying about parts being in the wrong boxes and such.
        ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
        My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
        My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
        But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
        my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

ITs the same part, just a different version, that’s where the -A, -B,-C comes into play!! If you look at one of the eBay ones I PM’d back when you first got the bumper you’ll see it’s the same part number but with a ‘-C’

I was just trying to help, not sure why you ignored my help. Glad it worked out in the end.

Comment

Working...
          X