1979/80/81 Crown Victoria Bumper Grille Inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1979/80/81 Crown Victoria Bumper Grille Inserts

Looking for a pair (left and right) of the 1979/80 and 81 bumper grill inserts.

Below I have attached a photo courtesy of pantera77.

These may use a mounting bracket as per this image courtesy of birdofprey:

Let me know what you may have. Would need to be shipped to Whitestone NY 11357.

EBAY leads are helpful as well. Looking for a pair from the same seller/vehicle.

Many thanks

-David
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Some ebay leads. None so far with both sides though.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-1980-19...daOFkp&vxp=mtr

https://www.ebay.com/itm/79-Ford-LTD...xXsiRQ&vxp=mtr
    These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

I have a pair for a GMQ - I believe they are significantly narrower than LTD ones though. I do want to say it's the exact amount to leave room for those little tiny round fog lights that some people like... If the sound of that does anything for you You can have them to try out if measurements look promising
      Pete ::::>>> resident LED addict and CFI defector LED bulb replacements
      'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
      sigpic
      85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by FordMan77 View Post
        Funny how one looks dull....that one contains the other mounting bracket I am talking about...maybe...kinda a blurry picture to tell what is actually going on there. I dont see why one cannot just nut and bolt the sucker up if necessary....

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
        I have a pair for a GMQ - I believe they are significantly narrower than LTD ones though. I do want to say it's the exact amount to leave room for those little tiny round fog lights that some people like... If the sound of that does anything for you You can have them to try out if measurements look promising

Thanks for the offer Pete. Just looking for the CV ones though.
        ~David~

my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

IIRC the ones I put on looked like the ones in the second eBay link, just that flat piece on the top. As you said, I just nut and bolted them I believe.
          Looks to me like the "mounting bracket" if anything is that black piece that covers the back side. I made mine functional so I wouldn't have used it anyways.
          2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
          2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
          2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
          1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Thanks for the insight.
            ~David~

Comment

Contact this place:

NOS Parts Ltd.
              (972) 937-2201

with part numbers:
              D9AZ-17B968-A
              D9AZ-17B968-C
              D9AZ-17B968-D

Not sure which those are, but you should be able to request photos.

Good luck!

-Charles

Comment

Bump.

I guess i should give them a ring.

You have any clue what those part numbers are for. I don't have much info to give them otherwise.
                ~David~

Comment

Just give them the numbers and ask if they can send you photos of them. The numbers came up in a search for the bumper vent grills. I think they are left and right but one might be the GM version.

Comment

HHHhhhhhmmmm... I may actually have LTD ones... they are longer than I remember... about 12.5 inches??? Definitely not shiny, the top lip has mounting holes in it, and it has the black piece covering the backside of the 'grill' part...
                    'LTD HPP' 85 Vic (my rusty baby) '06 Honda Reflex 250cc 'Baileys' 91 Vic (faded cream puff) ClifFord 'ODB' 88 P72 (SOLD) '77 LTDII (RIP)
                    sigpic
                    85HPP's most noteworthy mods: CFI to SEFI conversion w/HO upperstuff headers & flowmasters P71 airbox Towncar seats LED dash light-show center console w/5 gauge package LED 3rd brake light 3G alternator mini starter washer/coolant bottle upgrade Towncar power trunk pull underhood fuse/relay box 16" HPP wheels - police swaybars w/poly rubbers - budget Alpine driven 10 speaker stereo

Comment

Originally posted by Birdofprey View Post
                      Just give them the numbers and ask if they can send you photos of them. The numbers came up in a search for the bumper vent grills. I think they are left and right but one might be the GM version.
                      The first part number is not the correct one for me. The other are yet to be determined.

Originally posted by 85crownHPP View Post
                      HHHhhhhhmmmm... I may actually have LTD ones... they are longer than I remember... about 12.5 inches??? Definitely not shiny, the top lip has mounting holes in it, and it has the black piece covering the backside of the 'grill' part...
                      Yes Sounds correct Pete. Condition is not a concern, well I don't one a set that's cracked in half. But ugly/well used is a okay. Let me know if you find them.

~David~

Comment

I did find them, just too lazy to take a pic. Definitely not broken
                        Yours for shipping cost mang, just PM me your addy and I'll get them out asap, and then let you know how much it was
                        sigpic

Comment

Appreciate it. I'll take care of you. PM'd.
                          ~David~

Comment

Originally posted by 87gtvic View Post
                            the first part number is not the correct one for me. The other are yet to be determined.
                            ?

D9 = 79

Comment

During my time of relentless searching for NOS 79 clears and other goodies, I definitely noticed that OEM part numbers on OEM part boxes do not always match the part numbers on the parts in the boxes. Also searching for either variation would usually find the same part, but different sources.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X