03-11 rotor search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

03-11 rotor search

I need rotors on the Marauder as the original ones are cracking after 35Kmiles, wonder why?.

Believe the fronts are all the same CV,GM MM,TC from 03-11.

I decided to try and find slotted rotors that are high carbon, cryo treated and "zinc" coated on the hat and the fins. Lately the best anti rust coating seems to be a zinc thing though different manufactures use fancy names.

Well I have not found the exact thing I was looking for. Thought I would see if anyone has.

I guess if I was to give up a single feature it would be the slots. I really do not want drilled.

Products or thoughts?

Jay
    03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
    02 SL500 Silver Arrow
    08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
    12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Have you considered doing Zach's budget big brake upgrade?

Comment

Well no I actually had not. I had kind of avoided looking at it in hopes of "stopping" myself. I know upgrading the Marauder is a whole class more expensive then working on a box. Sigh, how much is the budget upgrade anyway? I think the Baer stuff is around $1.7K or so. At least zach's would go with the rear control arms.

I was thinking of going through the front end due to age related concerns. Some of the darn rubber is cracking even on a low mile garaged vehicle.
      Last edited by jaywish; 02-07-2018, 04:03 PM.
      03 Marauder DPB, HS, 6disk, Organizer Mods> LED's in & Out, M&Z rear control arms, Oil deflector, U-Haul Trans Pan, Blue Fuzzy Dice
      02 SL500 Silver Arrow
      08 TC Signature Limited, HID's Mods>235/55-17 Z rated BFG G-Force Comp-2 A/S Plus, Addco 1" rear Sway, Posi Carrier, Compustar Remote Start, floor liners, trunk organizer, Two part Sun Visors, B&M Trans drain Plug, Winter=05 Mustang GT rims, Nokian Hakkapeliitta R-2 235/55-17
      12 Escape Limited V6 AWD, 225/65R17 Vredestein Quatrac Pro, Winter 235/70-16 Conti Viking Contact7 Mods>Beamtech LED headlight bulbs, Husky floor liners

Comment

Check out R1 Concepts. They offer quality stuff. Should have some options for the Marauder. Been looking for some for my 03 LX Sport there.
        These are highly engineered precision vehicles, the first step in diagnosing the problem is to strike the suspected offending part sharply and repeatedly with a blunt object, then re-test.

Comment

Originally posted by jaywish View Post
          Well no I actually had not. I had kind of avoided looking at it in hopes of "stopping" myself. I know upgrading the Marauder is a whole class more expensive then working on a box. Sigh, how much is the budget upgrade anyway? I think the Baer stuff is around $1.7K or so. At least zach's would go with the rear control arms.

I was thinking of going through the front end due to age related concerns. Some of the darn rubber is cracking even on a low mile garaged vehicle.
          It's way less than 1.7K. I actually just ordered the parts to do the upgrade on the Mod Box. Still have minty AC Delco rotors on there. Speaking of which AC Delcos were pretty decent. Came with painted centers and outer edge.

https://mercurymarauder.net/forums/s...ad.php?t=94024

Comment

Thanks for suggesting the cheap BB upgrade. Don't know if I will go that way. I have kept it pretty much stock so far.
            Looks like $600+ I did not price the custom hoses. Only got up to about page 30 so far though.
            02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Hoses are 88 bucks shipped. Caliper brackets $170. Rotors I saw on Ebay for $118. I am sure if you shop around forums you can get a used set of C5 calipers along with the brackets for cheap.

Comment

You really want to tempt me.....
                02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

IDK I was always thinking I would get another Marauder if I wanted to mod it. Sell this one low mile stock. Get a 907A, salvage car to screw with.

Still looks like $ to me. Not the front brakes in particular as this truly is a relatively cheap upgrade. I probably spent near that amount just doing the fronts on the old wagon. I keep thinking just playing with a late model in general would get into big bucks. Got to do something with the power, just because if you are modding, got to increase power.

You have done the bomb with your Tudor. Much elbow grease but used many stock but newer panther components. When you start with a newer panther stock options, old fashioned hot rodding, are limited. You can do the coyote or similar and such but it ain't easy. Super Charge will often get you into new blocks and such after you swallow the first $. Kudos to you again BTW for a real Hot Rod..
                  02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Bean View Post
                    Hoses are 88 bucks shipped. Caliper brackets $170. Rotors I saw on Ebay for $118. I am sure if you shop around forums you can get a used set of C5 calipers along with the brackets for cheap.
                    I've been thinking about doing mine, it came with the caliper brackets already, just need the rest.
                    2020 F250 - 7.3 4x4 CCSB STX 3.55's - BAKFlip MX4
                    2005 Grand Marquis GS - Marauder sway bars, Marauder exhaust, KYB's
                    2003 Marauder - Trilogy # 8, JLT, kooks, 2.5" exhaust, 4.10's/31 spline, widened rear's, metco's, addco's, ridetech's 415hp/381tq
                    1987 Colony Park - 03+ frame swap, blown Gen II Coyote, 6R80, ridetechs, stainless works, absolute money pit. WIP

Comment

Raybestos 680497PER are $49/pc for the Zack fronts and they are slotted. The hats are coated black and the cooling fins are coated gray. If you're OCD and want your back rotors to have the same slot pattern (it's a little weird), you want 680129PER.

I have all the components and will be installing in April. If they work as advertised, it's probably one of the best 'bang for the buck' 2003+ Panther mods.
                      '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                      formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

Yup,

Oddly enough the same rotors for 03-11 Panther are $82.79

Now I need to find nice Blue calipers that say Corvette.

I needed rotors for the Marauder & calipers for the TC. I can now use the Marauder calipers for the Town Car. Maybe I should replace the piston seals while I am at it. I just looked at the ODO a couple of days ago it has less then 34K on it.
                        02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Yeah, the rear Panther rotors are strangely more expensive despite being way smaller.

I was able to find a single rear rotor on Amazon, shipped with Prime, for $38. I snagged that, then got the other one on eBay for $76 shipped (there are still a few there at that price).
                          '91 LTD Country Squire LX | '82 Cougar GS wagon |'03 Marauder | ' 18 Flex Limited EB
                          formerly: '02 MGM, '04 MGM, '04 MGM v2.0, '04 MM, '07 P71 w/5-speed, '03 SAP P71, '04 CVLX (now in pantera77's stable), '10 P7B

Comment

I wonder if they have the thicker crown of the hat, like the Lincolns, or the regular ones like the CV/GM.
                            02 SL500 Silver Arrow

Comment

Working...
                            X