No announcement yet.

Just picked up an 86 LTD CV Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool. Make a some cash out of the endeavor.
    ~David~

My 1987 Crown Victoria Coupe: The Brown Blob
    My 2004 Mercedes Benz E320:The Benz

Originally posted by ootdega
    My life is a long series of "nevermind" and "I guess not."

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat
    But, that's just coming from me, this site's biggest pessimist. Best of luck

Originally posted by gadget73
    my car starts and it has AC. Yours doesn't start and it has no AC. Seems obvious to me.

Comment

There's two GMN'ers that own barge LTD's. Perhaps one of them would be interested in the windshield.
      '79 Continental Town Car
      '90 Crown Victoria LTD
      '94 Crown Victoria

Comment

Hopefully you will find a local buyer who is not fussy about glass quality. I am sure the price will be right though. You might even ask local glass shops if they would buy it. Less trouble then waiting for a buyer.

Comment

So it is for an LTD. Right car, wrong decade.
          86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
          5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
          I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by Birdofprey View Post
            I couldn't believe when I saw the muffler being missing, it's pretty quiet as is! Its going to be silent when I get the muffler on it.

Muffler and tail pipe arrived. Can't beat a $28 muffler and $22 tail pipe with free shipping on amazon.

its the sedan tail pipe, but with the wagon tailpipe being discontinued long ago its the next best thing.

Originally posted by Birdofprey View Post
            I do need a driver door armrest pad if anyone has a spare laying around.

Also picked up an arm rest pad on ebay.

Comment

Great deal on the muffler. What brand and number ?
              Glad you got the Nos arm rest pad. Looks good and the correct one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                Great deal on the muffler. What brand and number ?
                Glad you got the Nos arm rest pad. Looks good and the correct one.
                Walker muffler too. 18182

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C946WM

Walker 46539 Tail Pipe

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000C8ZEII/

Comment

When I got this one of the issues was the fuel gauge didn't work. The PO said the sending unit was bad and would have to be replace. Ok, crappy job but not the end of the world. Fast forward a few days, I'm checking the fuses because the Tailgate glass wasn't going down from the dash switch (remembering what I learned from the 84) Come to find out 2 fuses were blown, low and behold after replacing them the gas gauge works! I can't imagine how long they dealt with that issue, keeping the tank constantly topped off, just because a fuse was blown!

I guess the fuse block being behind a screwed in panel makes it really difficult for people to check! lol.

PS the tailgate switch fuse was fine, the 86 seems to have a safety interlock that doesn't allow the tailgate window to go down when the engine is running.

Comment

That makes sense, wouldn't want to asphyxiate one's self. But, does it automatically put it up if already down???
                    1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                    1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Originally posted by DerekTheGreat View Post
                      That makes sense, wouldn't want to asphyxiate one's self. But, does it automatically put it up if already down???
                      No, its weird I was driving today and pushed it and it went down. Maybe the switch is going bad and it just happened that it wasn't working the last few times I had the engine running but did work when it was key on engine off.

Comment

I don't recall the rear window on my '88 Country Squire not being able to go down while driving, but this was more than a decade ago when I had that car. Flakey switch in your case could be one explanation. Poor electrical connection at the window motor another.
                        Vic

~ 1989 MGM LS Colony Park - Large Marge
                        ~ 1998 MGM LS - new DD
                        ~ 1991 MGM LS "The Scab"
                        ~ 1991 MGM GS "The Ice Car"

Comment

Where is the switch?
                          1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
                          1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

Where is the switch?
                            Tailgate window switch is on the right hand side of the knee panel. It’s right below where the power antenna switch is if the car/wagon is equipped with it.

My Cars:
                            -1964 Comet 202 (116K Miles) - Long Term Project
                            -1986 Dodge D-150 Royale SE (112K Miles) - Slowly Getting Put Back Together
                            -1987 Grand Marquis Colony Park LS (325K Miles) - April 2017 + September 2019 POTM Winner
                            -1997 Grand Marquis LS (240K Miles) - The Daily Workhorse & March 2015 + January 2019 POTM Winner

Comment

Where is the switch?
                              [/url]

Comment

IIRC... there's a lockout in the tailgate itself. It has to be shut all the way for the glass to go up. This gets worse with age as the hinges get bad/worn.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -- Albert Einstein
                                rides: 93 Crown Vic LX (The Red Velvet Cake), 2000 Crown Vic base model (Sandy), 2003 Expedition (the vacation beast)
                                Originally posted by gadget73
                                ... and it should all work like magic and unicorns and stuff.
                                Originally posted by dmccaig
                                Overhead, some poor bastards are flying in airplanes.

Comment

Working...
                                X