Just picked up an 86 LTD CV Wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sly View Post
    IIRC... there's a lockout in the tailgate itself. It has to be shut all the way for the glass to go up. This gets worse with age as the hinges get bad/worn.
    That makes sense. I need to test it more.

Comment

Oh neat-o. Too bad it isn't part of the door panel's controls.
      1985 LTD Crown Victoria - SOLD
      1988 Town Car Signature - Current Party Barge

Comment

No point really, but there is a window switch built into the tailgate key. I don't recall if it will run both ways, but you can put it down by the key to allow the tailgate to drop in truck mode. The gate won't open that direction unless the glass is down anyway, or at least it isn't supposed to.
        86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
        5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
        I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Originally posted by sly View Post
          IIRC... there's a lockout in the tailgate itself. It has to be shut all the way for the glass to go up. This gets worse with age as the hinges get bad/worn.
          My tailgate window goes up and down with the door open, and when driving. The mechanisms in there seem a bit sensitive though.
          -Phil

sigpic

+1982 Ford LTD-S Police Car. Built 351w, Trickflow 11R 190 Heads, Holley Sniper EFI, RPM Intake+ Hyperspark dizzy, WR-AOD, Full exhaust headers to tails. 3.27 Trac-Lok Rear. Aluminum Police Driveshaft. Speedway Springs+Bilstein Shocks, Intermediate Brakes, HPP Steering Box.

+2003 Acura CL Type S 6-speed

Comment

consider how water-tight Ford doors are, and consider how water-tight Ford switches are. Add 30 years to the mix and its amazing any of these things work.
            86 Lincoln Town Car (Galactica).
            5.0 HO, CompCams XE258,Scorpion 1.72 roller rockers, 3.55 K code rear, tow package, BHPerformance ported E7 heads, Tmoss Explorer intake, 65mm throttle body, Hedman 1 5/8" headers, 2.5" dual exhaust, ASP underdrive pulley

91 Lincoln Mark VII LSC grandpa spec white and cranberry

1984 Lincoln Continental TurboDiesel - rolls coal

Originally posted by phayzer5
            I drive a Lincoln. I can't be bothered to shift like the peasants and rabble rousers

Comment

Just noticed these labels in the fuel door. Not sure what they're trying to say, thought 'Fuel Additive' with the FA but the FB has me scratching my head.

Maybe part numbers for something... Or maybe just goofy PO thing that no one will every understand lol.

Comment

Feb 02-17 ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainemantom View Post
                  Feb 02-17 ?
                  Nah, these stickers are old.

Comment

Could have spent time as a fleet vehicle. Perhaps a fuel key code for fuel tracking purposes.
                    —John

1985 Ford F-150 XLT Lariat
                    1990 Mercury Grand Marquis LS (POTM March 2017 & May 2019 - gone, but not forgotten)
                    1995 Mustang SVT Cobra coupe (cream puff)
                    1966 Mustang coupe (restoration in-progress)

Comment

Originally posted by Giraffe View Post
                      Could have spent time as a fleet vehicle. Perhaps a fuel key code for fuel tracking purposes.
                      That could be. I wish I knew more of this thing's history.

In other news I received the arm rest pad. This thing is minty fresh but unfortunately the older color of tan/cream. oh well. It'll serve until I find a better option.

Comment

Yeah, close enough and better than nothing, right?

Comment

I would not worry about it. Finding a color match even when the cars were new was a hit or miss. Cars coming of the lot new had different shades of plastic and rubber. I think my 79 LTD S had like three shades of green. My LTD has about three shades of blue.
                          You found a nos one !! Expensive yes, but it looks great.

Comment

Indeed! Slightly off in color is way better than nothing and beats having a curled up used one.

Comment

Worked on the 86 over the weekend. investigated what part of the auto parking brake release was making the hissing sound.

All hoses are in good shape, no dry rot or cracking.

To eliminate the vac actuator as the leak I bypassed the switch. Silence, so the vac actuator is good. The leak is at the switch.

While I was working on it I removed the pass side kick panel too just to make sure the heater core wasn't dripping inside the car (there is a faint coolant smell when the heater is on) Everything looks good from the inside. I did find $6 under the glove box so that's a win!

There were some unsued connectors on the pass side behind the dash, curious what they go to.

Comment

One of those connectors is for the door light IIRC. The money looks newer, unfortunately. I used to stash cash in my cars just in case technology was busted or I got robbed digitally. Usually just enough for a tank of gas and a cheeseburger.

Comment

Working...
                                X